PDA

View Full Version : 17 years since Kurt Cobain died, . . . . . Really?!

sunvalleylaw
April 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Wow time has passed. I cannot believe it has been 17 years since Kurt passed away.

This sketch from Seattle's "Almost Live" hits just a bit on the controversial nature of Kurt. Certainly not all liked him or what he represented (Andy Rooney sure didn't). But I still wish he would have survived. I think Kurt had a point with what he had to say. But most of all, 17 years?!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf5QuYAeDYE

stingx
April 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Time goes by so quickly...

R_of_G
April 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
This sketch from Seattle's "Almost Live" hits just a bit on the controversial nature of Kurt. Certainly not all liked him or what he represented (Andy Rooney sure didn't). But I still wish he would have survived. I think Kurt had a point with what he had to say.

Of course, not all particularly like Andy Rooney or what he represents either. :)

Personally, I think Cobain contibuted a great deal more amount of significant thought than Mr. Rooney, who made a career out of triviality (and not in the amusing Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David way). Not too much more I can say on that here without touching on some subjects we don't discuss here, but nonetheless.

I do however blame Kurt's suicide for the existence of the Foo Fighters. Had he only found a way to deal with his issues, I'd not have been subjected to however many years of their derivative noise it's been.

sunvalleylaw
April 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Of course, not all particularly like Andy Rooney or what he represents either. :)

Personally, I think Cobain contibuted a great deal more amount of significant thought than Mr. Rooney, who made a career out of triviality (and not in the amusing Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David way). Not too much more I can say on that here without touching on some subjects we don't discuss here, but nonetheless.

I do however blame Kurt's suicide for the existence of the Foo Fighters. Had he only found a way to deal with his issues, I'd not have been subjected to however many years of their derivative noise it's been.

Yep, I agree on Rooney. Can't say much more here. On another forum I go to, a lot of folks love the Foos and prefer them. I just cannot. I like Grohl's talents well enough, but his talents needed Kurt's talents to make the results matter to me.

Childbride
April 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
There was a Rolling Stone immediately after it happened and I bought it... I was in lawschool and buying anything was an extravagance. I ripped out all the pics and posted them on the walls of my study room. The one that made me really sad was him bent over with Bean in his arms. I thought 'what a horrible loss for her... For us...'

Jimi75
April 6th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I will never forget that day. Watched MTV...everybody knew it was gonna happen someday...and then came the news.
Nirvana was a milestone for me and my friends. Nirvana was part of our daily listening routine, of our parties etc.

Eric
April 6th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I will never forget that day. Watched MTV...everybody knew it was gonna happen someday...and then came the news.
This is sort of what I was going to write: you knew something like that was going to happen eventually. He was too conflicted by his own fame to really exist in the capacity that he did for much longer. Or at least that seems clear in retrospect.

I wasn't as into Nirvana as a lot of people were, but I've also never given them much time either. Actually, it could be that I just wasn't really into music yet when he died, so everyone crying and wearing t-shirts with his giant face on them puzzled me.

stingx
April 6th, 2011, 05:51 AM
http://cobaincase.com/

Tig
April 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
While not conclusive, this guy's evidence has always made me question what really happened. It is too late to make a difference now, however.

Most celebrity losses create conspiracy theories by those who cannot deal with the loss, but this case is much more factual than the others. I guess we'll never really know.

stingx
April 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I agree. I just threw that link out there for others to consider. I've spent many years drawing my own conclusions based on all the information I digested. I will agree on these points: a shotgun loaded with max rounds is for defensive purposes; there is no way he could have even picked up the shotgun with the amount of heroin in his body; finally, I find it hard to believe a body can be overlooked for several days in the garage.

So many reasons why I believe something fishy happened:

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml