PDA

View Full Version : hey Fretters

scruff
April 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hey y'all!

Name's Jerry. Originally from Independence MO, presently live in Cypress TX. I play guitar and bass, in rock and country genres, depending. Not saying I'm any good, just that I play. Write a lot of my own stuff and I love to cover Waylon songs, that kind of fun stuff.

Right now, and for the past few years, my favorite guitar is a Takamine G230 acoustic, backed up by an Applause something-or-other. Have recently picked up an Ibanez GRX20, which I understand is something of a lower-end Bezzy, and a bass which also happens to be from Ibanez's GIO line (I think). I'm not experienced enough with electric guitars to really know the difference in brand names (beyond the obvious LP, SG, strat and tele and their clones), but when it comes to basses I strongly prefer the Ibanez Soundgear line when I can afford them. Have also recently acquired a Squier Bullet and have my eye on a Squier P-Bass.

Um...what else...Oh yeah, amps. Fender or Ampeg. Nuff said (cause that's all I know).

Pleased to make your acquiaintance.

Spudman
April 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hi and welcome Jerry.

poodlesrule
April 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome.
We have a few Texans around here.

And I am afraid your guitar collection will soon grow... just ask Spud, he has just about everything under the sun!

MAXIFUNK
April 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome Jerry another Ibanez SR fan!!!

FrankenFretter
April 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome, Jerry! As mentioned by Poodlesrule, your state is very well represented here. Glad to have you here!

Tig
April 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Jerry. I'm in the Clear Lake area, born in Texas. Post often and feel free to ask questions and search the old threads.

I wish I still had my Ibanez Sound Gear 5-string bass, but I sold it a few year back when money was thin. I'd buy another one without hesitation!

Katastrophe
April 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Hey Jerry, I'm about 20-30 minutes north of you, depending on I45 traffic. Good to have you here!

scruff
April 8th, 2011, 08:40 AM
WOO HOO! We should get "Texas Fretters" tshirts or something.

Monkus
April 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hi and Welcome !!!

scruff
April 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks! I'm already enjoying being here.

Brian Krashpad
April 28th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome Jerry!

We've met in the bass case thread. ;)