PDA

View Full Version : Some Greg Koch

Robert
April 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Greg is a funny man!

Here's some funny and great guitar playing by Mr. Koch (how DO you pronounce his name?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463Rg74aCy8&f

Spudman
April 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I love this guy. If you go to his web site and to the CD section, you can left click and download songs from each album with the red arrows next to them. That way you can get a pretty good sized Greg Koch sampler for nuttin.

duhvoodooman
April 8th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Here's some funny and great guitar playing by Mr. Koch (how DO you pronounce his name?)As he himself says, "rhymes with 'chalk'."

I love him, too. First came across him on a couple of SRV instructional videos, and I own a couple of his CD's now. Monster player. And a VERY funny man....

jpfeifer
April 9th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I had the opportunity to meet Greg Koch at a music festival here in Phoenix several years ago. He is one of the funniest people I'd ever met, and one of the best guitar players I've ever seen. Fender is very lucky to have this guy as a promoter of their stuff. He has a very odd combination of talents. He can say things, seemingly at random, that will have the whole audience laughing hysterically, and then blow them away with his playing. Very entertaining guy. I told him that he was as good as Eric Johnson and he thanked me for the compliment. He is a great guy.

He made a joke about his own name. He said "Never trust a 6-foot guy named Koch". Note: he pronounced his last name as it rhymes with sock. :-)

--Jim

Katastrophe
April 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
No doubt about it, the man is a guitar monster... and it's criminal that his talents aren't recognized more outside the guitar community.

He played with Malford Milligan a while back (blues and rock singer out of Austin, Storyville and other bands)... I would have loved to have seen that show.