PDA

View Full Version : My New LP is In The House!

Plank_Spanker
November 16th, 2006, 02:49 PM
It just arrived, and my jaw is still on the floor. It looks stunning. It's more of a greenish hue than the web site pic is. It's also quite a bit lighter than my Studio, which suprised me. The Schaller strap locks are going on in few minutes.....:D

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP4.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP3.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP1.jpg

SuperSwede
November 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
oooooooooohhh BABY! Come to papa! :D

GREAT looking guitar!

sunvalleylaw
November 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the beautiful new axe! Can I have your hand me downs.:D Seriously, we need sound samples.

Plank_Spanker
November 16th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Congrats on the beautiful new axe! Can I have your hand me downs.:D Seriously, we need sound samples.

LOL!

I'm taking tomorow off to introduce myself to it and introduce it to the Germino. Gonna shake the rafters a bit tomorrow! :D

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP5.jpg

ted s
November 16th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Wow!, very nice Plank, sometime green is an amazing color, like now.

Robert
November 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Beautiful! Let's hear that baby make out with Dr. Germino! She needs to be "Germinated" :eek: right?

Plank_Spanker
November 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM
It's amazingly light - easily a couple of pounds lighter than my Studio.

duhvoodooman
November 16th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Seriously gorgeous, Spanks! :eek: Anxiously awaiting Germination report....

Spudman
November 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Spanky, Kermit would be so proud of you. It ain't easy being green. Congrats!

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Just out of curiosity, I weighed the guitar - 8.2 pounds!

HSS American Strat - 8 pounds

A LP with the weight of a Strat! :D It's going to be comfortable on gigs.

My LP Studio weighs 10.8 pounds.

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 06:32 AM
A couple of pics outside:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/NLP7.jpg

Awaiting today's "Germination"........:D

warren0728
November 17th, 2006, 06:40 AM
man that is a beauty!! one of the nicer ones i've seen!

ww

kerc
November 17th, 2006, 06:54 AM
That is gorgeous. :D

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 08:47 AM
The "Germination" is about to begin.........

I'm going to A/B test it with my Studio to hear the differences.

I feel like a six year old on Christmas morning.....:D

Tone2TheBone
November 17th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Sweet Gibson. What pickups came with it? BB pros?

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Sweet Gibson. What pickups came with it? BB pros?

Those be the ones. I'm waiting for my next door neighbor to leave for work in about a half hour.

Then.......................we'll see what this axe has! :)

Tone2TheBone
November 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Those be the ones. I'm waiting for my next door neighbor to leave for work in about a half hour.

Then.......................we'll see what this axe has! :)

Cool. I work half a day today so I'll come over with some beer and sit around comparing Lesters all afternoon on your Germino. :R

Those BB pros are great pickups. None need replacing. It's nice to get a guitar that you don't have to replace pickups in....although thats fun to do also. Record that puppy if you are able to.

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Cool. I work half a day today so I'll come over with some beer and sit around comparing Lesters all afternoon on your Germino. :R

Those BB pros are great pickups. None need replacing. It's nice to get a guitar that you don't have to replace pickups in....although thats fun to do also. Record that puppy if you are able to.

I'm putting ice in the cooler and the steaks are ready to go.......... Come on over! :D

When I get my Roland recorder back, I'll have to record some clips.

Tone2TheBone
November 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I'm putting ice in the cooler and the steaks are ready to go.......... Come on over! :D

When I get my Roland recorder back, I'll have to record some clips.

Oh heck yes steaks! I'm so there. :D

The photos you took were nice. Really shows off the coloring. What was your final price on that guitar if you don't mind me asking?

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Oh heck yes steaks! I'm so there. :D

The photos you took were nice. Really shows off the coloring. What was your final price on that guitar if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the props on the pics..................most of the time I don't get along too well with my camera.

The "in hand" price was $2499.

Tone2TheBone
November 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the props on the pics..................most of the time I don't get along too well with my camera.

The "in hand" price was $2499.

I depend too much on flash with my camera and my pics don't come out as they should.

Nice Gibson case too then? One of these days I am going to get a '58 Reissue - new. If I can get one of the ones made in the early 2000s with flame maple top (used) then that would also work. Those are harder to find though you pretty much have to run into them accidently.

You have one hell of a guitar...congrats again!

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I depend too much on flash with my camera and my pics don't come out as they should.

Nice Gibson case too then? You have one hell of a guitar...congrats again!

The case is sweet - black tolex outside, with a cream colored padding inside - no cover cloth like the older cases.

Thanks for the compliments, man. Methinks I have a winner here...........:D

Plank_Spanker
November 17th, 2006, 11:23 AM
First "all up" sound check:

With the Germino running without the Hot Plate (translated - LOUD!), and going straight in, I have found the "Undiscovered Country" of tone! :D

These Burstbuckers are super sweet - clear, round, and musical - with a good dose of punch. They clean up nicely at lower guitar volumes for that "purdy playin'". At full roar, it's sweet harmonic feedback at will - just hold the note and the rig starts singing.

The guitar has a great sustain and feels great in my hands. I don't have to force anything..................it just flows. :D

I'm a supremely happy guitar player right now. :R

Jimi75
December 27th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I know my post comes very late....

This is a very beautiful Les Paul! Must be a huge pleasure to play it.

Enjoy this instrument, hopefully it gives you tons of inspiration.

Katastrophe
December 27th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Geez, I can't believe I missed this thread! Beautiful Gibby ya got there, Planky! Now that you've had some time with the Green Meanie, how does it play?

Plank_Spanker
December 28th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Geez, I can't believe I missed this thread! Beautiful Gibby ya got there, Planky! Now that you've had some time with the Green Meanie, how does it play?

I'm still head over heels in love with this guitar. It's everything I ever wanted from a Les Paul. It's seeing alot of playing time these days with the new band. It's going to be my go-to guitar. :D

tot_Ou_tard
December 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Wow! Just amazingly nice Planky!

Plank_Spanker
December 28th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks, folks. It feels good to be back to playing a LP for most of the set. :D

Riley
January 10th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Awesome Les paul!!!!!! :)