PDA

View Full Version : Egnater Tweaker

Beerman
April 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Just got my Tweaker a few days ago and am so very happy with it. Sure it's only 15 watts but those are some loud watts! I was looking at the Vox AC15 but try as I might (even getting friends to listen as well and talk me into it) I kept going back to the Tweaker.
Even without my Tonelab SE, this sings sweetly. And, I can get the sounds I want at low volumes to play late into the night.
Musicians Friends coupon expired but they still gave me a discount and free shipping. Plus I got the 112X cab to boot.
The Mesa TA15 looks good but there was nothing to listen to personally so I was afraid to take the chance and go for something I couldn't hear.
If anyone is thinking about a small amp worth every penny, take a hard look and listen to the Tweaker. It's not for everyone but for most, I'm sure it will be just fine.

Eric
April 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I imagine this has already been covered about a billion times, but what are the power tubes on the Tweaker? EL84?

Beerman
April 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
2 x 6V6 Power Tubes
3 x 12AX7 Pre-amp Tubes
I have a friend with a Traynor who messed around with other tubes and almost spent half the cost of the Traynor on new (and used) tubes. For now, this is more than good enough. Maybe when I get bored I will try other tubes.
I also think the 112x cab is more balanced for the Tweaker than non Egnater cabs. A friend brought over another, self made 1x12 and 1 Marshal 2x12 and I think the stock 112x sounded much better but I might be biased.:drool

Tig
April 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Happy Tweaker Day, Beerman!
I run mine through an Epiphone Valve Jr 1x12 cab and it sounds great. Maybe an alnico speaker might be better, but I'm not ready to spend that much. I've read people having success with Tung-Sol EL34B as replacement tubes, but I'll stick to 6V6's for now.

My favorite "setting" is the Blue Deluxe. For clean settings, the AC is my favorite, and UK for gain.

Check out the many posts from Tweaker owners over at TDPRI (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-owners-clubs/217725-egnater-tweaker-club.html).

MAXIFUNK
April 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
CONGRATS, Good for you!!!

FrankenFretter
April 8th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Man, I gots ta get me one of those! Happy new amph day! How about some pics?

Beerman
April 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n484/pcostanza/IMG_0904Medium.jpg
Just a raw shot as I'm getting ready to step out. Check out the Tweaker website for lots more info.
There's lots of great amps out there, it's just a matter of what's right for YOU.

NWBasser
April 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats man!

Happy new amph day.

That one's probably my all-time favorite guitar amph. Gotta get one someday.