PDA

View Full Version : The Guitar Family Shot...

Katastrophe
April 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Please excuse crappy cell phone pic, but I've never posted a full shot of my gear.

Here it is, such as it is...

From L to R, Fender Mustang I amph, ESP MII Deluxe (Custom Shop, early 90s), 2006 Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster, early 90s Ibanez RG 570.

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x435/StratStang

Couldn't get the pic to upload directly to the post...

oldguy
April 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Very nice! I played one of those Mustang's a couple week's back and they sound great! :)

MAXIFUNK
April 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Nice gear........... would you recommend the mustang?

duhvoodooman
April 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Couldn't get the pic to upload directly to the post...
Ya mean like this:

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x435/StratStang/Photo_CCC1EDBF-AB66-CDC3-6370-B04BE7E9C28E1.jpg

Katastrophe
April 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I would absolutely recommend the Mustang. The cleans sound like Fender, the distorted tones sound very close to what they are modeled after, and I am amazed at how good the teeny speaker sounds. Two months of ownership, and I'm still finding new tones. Fender knocked this little econobox out of the park. It's not a tube amph, but it is quite possibly the coolest practice amph out on the market right now.

All that said, it's a good thing the amph itself is so good. The Ableton Live Lite recording software, in a word, sucks. The learning curve is incredibly steep, the software is not user friendly in the least, and when using the computer keyboard to try to make a drum track, there is a latency that will not let me record anything on time. Two months later and a ton of fiddling and I still haven't laid down one guitar track.

MAXIFUNK
April 11th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I would absolutely recommend the Mustang. The cleans sound like Fender, the distorted tones sound very close to what they are modeled after, and I am amazed at how good the teeny speaker sounds. Two months of ownership, and I'm still finding new tones. Fender knocked this little econobox out of the park. It's not a tube amph, but it is quite possibly the coolest practice amph out on the market right now.

All that said, it's a good thing the amph itself is so good. The Ableton Live Lite recording software, in a word, sucks. The learning curve is incredibly steep, the software is not user friendly in the least, and when using the computer keyboard to try to make a drum track, there is a latency that will not let me record anything on time. Two months later and a ton of fiddling and I still haven't laid down one guitar track.

Thanks for the insight I have a younger cousin 15 who is just getting started playing and his parents can not afford to get him anything so I was going to get him a vox 15 or the mustang. I know I liked how the mustang sounded when mess with one but I only played it clean.

Lev
April 12th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I've had the Mustang 1 for a few months now and I agree that for the price it's possibly the best practice amp on the market. For someone starting out the only concern I would have is that it almost too tweakable. You need to spend a bit of time with the fuse software setting up your tones. Maybe a 15 year old starting out might benefit from a simpler setup.

I've also struggled a little to get a pleasing classic rock distortion tone from the amp. The heavier tones sound a little too muddy to my ears. It's pretty subjective though, one mans muddy is anothers tone heavan.

Anyway for the cleans, overdrives & FX this amp is probably worth a lot more than the current street price. Great value!!