PDA

View Full Version : Npd

MAXIFUNK
April 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
My 1st guitar stomp box pedal , A Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal. They currently have a $30.00 rebate for this pedal so a final price of $99.00USD.

http://www.voxamps.com/us/pedals/satchurator/

I wanted another setup besides my ME-25 something a little less to tweak with. I had a good friend of mine who is a much better player than I am help come to very clear decision on this pedal. I was considering getting a TS9 or TS808 and pairing it with a DS1 or DS2. But after our test drive of this pedal using a supersonic 22 and a Strat (Seymour Duncan pups) then with a custom Shop Jackson HH (DiMarzio coil tapped pups). it was clear to us you could get what those 2 combined will do in one pedal. The more button gives you a lead boost very nice to have.

I just picked it up yesterday. More details to come as I figure this pedal out.

tunghaichuan
April 11th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Cool score. Unlike most of the haters, I actually like the tone of my Boss DS-1, which is the new version. :rollover $20 from GC and sounds great through my rig.

As you know the Vox Saturator pedal is a tweaked version of the DS-1. I was looking at picking one up used. They would crop up on Craigslist every once in a while for a about $60, but I haven't seen one for a while.

As always, pictures/sounds or it didn't happen. :poke ;)

MAXIFUNK
April 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=tunghaichuan;As you know the Vox Saturator pedal is a tweaked version of the DS-1. I was looking at picking one up used. They would crop up on Craigslist every once in a while for a about $60, but I haven't seen one for a while.

As always, pictures/sounds or it didn't happen. :poke ;)[/QUOTE]

I did not now that until you stated it but it makes since to start from a well liked platform. Pics to follow I haven't taken any gear pics lately.

progrmr
April 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Sounds awesome in this review:

t0E292zQ5-o

tunghaichuan
April 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I did not now that until you stated it but it makes since to start from a well liked platform. Pics to follow I haven't taken any gear pics lately.

My understanding is that the Satchurator is based on the Made-in-Japan version of the DS-1 which supposedly sounds better than the newer Made-in-Taiwan versions. The MIJ pedals used a different opamp, so they sound different.

Here is a YouTube video showcasing the differences in sound:

DBy-kan5VZ0

As I've stated before, I like the DS-1 and that type of sound, so I wouldn't mind having a Satchurator.

MAXIFUNK
April 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My understanding is that the Satchurator is based on the Made-in-Japan version of the DS-1 which supposedly sounds better than the newer Made-in-Taiwan versions. The MIJ pedals used a different opamp, so they sound different.

Here is a YouTube video showcasing the differences in sound:

DBy-kan5VZ0

As I've stated before, I like the DS-1 and that type of sound, so I wouldn't mind having a Satchurator.

Very cool the things one learns here on the the fret. Maybe tonight or tomorrow if I do not take my daughter to see prince I'll get some time to check it out.