PDA

View Full Version : Spouse tickets buying spree: Young / Crosby & Nash / Cray..!

poodlesrule
April 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Getting her to listen to good music paid off: spouse goes on a concert tickets buying spree...!

Neil Young next week
Following week, Crosby & Nash
She is hitting the box office tomorrow to get tickets for Robert Cray!:applause

Puzzling!
She said something about not leaving money to our not-so-graceful nephews and nieces, and we might as well spend it now...!

Tig
April 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Good music is good news. Looks like you'll be seeing some great concerts!

Mrs. Tig and I will be seeing Buddy Guy in June (happy birthday to me!) at the local House of Blues.

poodlesrule
April 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Well, Old Black can sure bark and growl...!
Boston Globe review here (http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2011/04/20/alone_on_stage_ageless_young_keeps_on_rocking/)

Yes , quite a few material from the new CD, which I have. It was interesting to see him do these tunes solo.

I am not sure but there may have been a stereo amp setup, as tech (and NY) would put BOTH Fender tweed-something on standby? Interesting work with the hollowbody feedback!

All you see at aging rockers' concerts are old guys.
No hot chicks. Darn.

Minor rant: As the venue is selling booze in the entry hall, 1/3 of the crowd does not even show for the opening act, Bert Jansch, missing out his excellent acoustic picking. It looks like a lot of folks have no idea about guitar playing, and fail to appreciate quality when they hear it. We sat next to a couple that did NOT applaud at all for his whole set!

Tig
April 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Well, Old Black can sure bark and growl...!
Boston Globe review here (http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2011/04/20/alone_on_stage_ageless_young_keeps_on_rocking/)

Yes , quite a few material from the new CD, which I have. It was interesting to see him do these tunes solo.

Minor rant: As the venue is selling booze in the entry hall, 1/3 of the crowd does not even show for the opening act, Bert Jansch, missing out his excellent acoustic picking. It looks like a lot of folks have no idea about guitar playing, and fail to appreciate quality when they hear it. We sat next to a couple that did NOT applaud at all for his whole set!

That had to be a great concert to see/hear.
Sometimes an opening act that you know nothing about will blow you away and expose you to something welcome and new. Instead of someone thinking, "I just want to see the main act", they could be thinking, "Let's give this act a chance and see what happens". I find that the average person's attitude is weak and narrow, as displayed by the crowd you saw. Well, that was their loss!