garlic
cayenne pepper
sea salt
puff pastry
flour
milk
creme
lemon

Optional:You can make a quick hollandaise sauce or white sauce to put on top of pastry after done.

Quick hollandaise: 1-2 egg whites lemon juice fresh if ya got it fire up the blender jigg the egg and juice,add melted butter slowly until ya get it the way ya want it!!(consistency,thick thin its all you)

White sauce: butter flour in pan stir making a roux,add milk and or buttermilk or half in half ,bring to boil then put it on low heat...I don't measure so........(half stick of butter 1-3 good spoons of flour AP,and about a cup of milk should get ya close.) When it is the way ya want it add some lemon juice and cayenne.Do not do this before as the citric will curdle the milk if using just milk.It dosen't do it if using creme,or half &half so much.Good rule for me is adding it at the end prior to plating.

Ok here we go...........follow directions on thawing up the puff pastry about an hour before starting with the spinach.

Put some e.v.o.o into pan with spinach leaves.Add garlic on top so not to burn the garlic.

Add some butter and lemon,cayenne at the end of cooking the filling 5-10 mins. at the most.

Salt and pepper(cayenne) the fish and also optional take off the skin if using fresh salmon.I do not buy salmon from walfart or any other store that's farmed in chil'e or abroad.(the hormones, antibiotics and frankly the feed they use in these farms and the conditions is bad for ya.) Your choice might differ!!
A great option if ya cant find fresh wild caught alaskan salmon is double q pink salmon in the can!!! Certified by the M.S.C and is wild caught alaskan pink salmon.(walfart does carry this but fresh fish from a seafood market is the best.)

Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured workspace,cut into rectangular pieces big enough to hold your pieces of fish.

Place spinach on pp in the middle ,place fish on top.(do not brown fish or cook prior to this)
Make sure ya fold dough over and pinch with moistened fingers(dip them in water) to seal.
Place on cookie sheet or flat pan seam side down.Brush with egg wash(egg, water) on top for golden brown goodness!! Cook at 350-375 for 25 mins.

Place sauce on bottom before plating the puff pastry fish if trying to impress(don't cover up the golden nugget):hungry

This is a great way to shake things up and maybe get ya some dessert:AOK

Sometimes if i'm feeling artsy fartsy I'll cut out the pastry into 2 fish shaped pieces and score the top with a eye cutout and some scales!!!!! I always get dessert!!!!:bootyshake:socool

Speaking of dessert If ya have any puff pastry left over which I did last night roll it out and put some strawberries on the bottom piece and add the top piece or fancier still cut in strips sealing on each strip at the ends cook on same temp 10-15 mins add some whip creme!!!! I told ya I always get dessert!!!!:cool:

Peace & Luv Fo-Sho..........MUDDY

P.S. :This will be my last post for a week or 2.......gotta do what I have to do.....

Tig
April 15th, 2011, 05:39 AM
P.S. :This will be my last post for a week or 2.......gotta do what I have to do.....

Take care, Muddy-bro. If it is health related, take an extra helping Mojo and prayers from your fellow Fretters.

mrmudcat
April 15th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Thanks brother, I have decided to wait until monday as we are suppose to have some super cell activity around midnight and wont risk all my babies going through that without me!!!!(besides dega race is on sunday and thats more important):rollover Started the week with tornado sirens all night monday and I guess we will see some more. God and mother nature sure seem pissed off lately!!!:socool

Forgive me big guy!!!:thwap

Childbride
May 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Muddy, you've given me my new recipe. The flame still burns. Thank you...