PDA

View Full Version : Mexico for the week, and we're not talking beaches, here

kidsmoke
April 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I expect to be incommunicado for the next 8 days. Gonna have a lot of reading to catch up on when I return. I expect you guys to hold down the fort.

I'm traveling with my girlfriend to her fathers hometown in Mexico, which is in the central highlands. This is a dusty, working class town, just south of the city of Aquascalientes, which, as I understand it, is beautiful.

I'm pretty psyched, as this is much more of a cultural trip, to visit a foreign land, as it were, not just sit on a sandy beach in a beautiful place. There's nothing wrong with that, I've done it, loved it, and will do it again! But I had little sense for the real culture of the countries I was in at the time. This should be a little different. Plus, it's holy week, so family time, already important, will be even more so.

Plenty of awesome food, plenty of top shelf Tequila - respected and revered in her family - plenty of walking.....I'm stoked.

No guitar :nope No internet :D

Enjoy your week, brothers & sisters

Anyone else have plans for Spring Break / Easter Holiday?

Tig
April 15th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a nice break! As you likely know, Mexico isn't nearly as dangerous as advertised and most problems are along the border.
Out on the highways, never drive at night, and never drive a highly desirable vehicle like a new full sized truck or SUV.

My Dad lives in San Miguel de Allende, about 100 miles southeast of where you'll be. Incredibly beautiful country in these areas! Have a great trip.

Robert
April 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Ooooh, that sounds like my kind of trip. I don't enjoy the tourist traps very much.

We'll do our best to keep this place under control while you are gone. We expect some good pictures when you get back, ok?

kidsmoke
April 15th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Like you, I've been without a camera battery for months. I was stunned to find that I could buy excellent replacements for my charger and battery, as well as new SD card for next to nothing, and just got them replaced this week.

Long story short, I'll take lots of photos.

Cheers!

Spudman
April 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Pictures will be great. Have a great time, and don't forget...mas tequila!

syo
April 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Sounds terrific. Nice sun, great food, best tequila and in the company of someone special to you. Can't beat that!

Childbride
April 19th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Have a beautiful time! :)

kidsmoke
April 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I hadn't realized you guys chimed in, thanks for the wishes. We're home and had a great time excellent weather, lots of family food and fotos.

Best of all I came home with a new guitar!!! thread coming soon!