PDA

View Full Version : Pod 500 and a tele = some fun

helliott
April 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Messin around with the new line 6 hd 500, trying to invent tones that work for various guitars. Found this one, and noodled it with an old BT I had around. Sorry for the clammish playing, kinda got into it. It's a one-taker. See what you think.

http://www.box.net/shared/307h7595u1

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Sounds great Helliot, what amph model are you using?

helliott
April 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Swede. Tweed with a 4X10 Tweed speaker set.

Robert
April 18th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cool man, no pedal models added? The HD500 is very awsum.

Nice playing.

Cool backing track too.

Spudman
April 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Sounds great. Can you post that backing track (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php/42-Backing-Tracks) for us? It's pretty cool.

helliott
April 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks, guys.
Robert: Yep, I quite like the hd500 now. At first I wasn't that fond of it, found the models to be not much better than my previous digital darling, the Vox Tonelab. But once I did more reading and really started goofing with the amp settings, seeing how they integrate with effects and each other, I started to really see the potential the thing has. I'd love to try it live someday, but it's very particular amp to amp, and room to room, so it's a home and recording thing for now. The only effects in that string are Studio EQ (Lo FQ) and set for 500 Hz., and some Room Reverb, set for 26% in the overall channel mix. The rest of the sound is amp controls, with a tad more reverb added in the mastermix.
Spud, be happy to post the BT here soon, but up to my posterior in long-toothed reptiles (election, gigs etc) so it will take a few days. Promise by week's end.
Thanks for listening.

FrankAxtell
April 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM
that's a killer solo and very cool BT....real nice work on that...shuffles real nice...thanks for posting

helliott
April 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Many thanks for listening, Frank.

piebaldpython
May 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Great stuff Helliott. Makes writing my bills out a lot less painful by listening to this and tapping my foot. Nice solos and phrasing.

helliott
May 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Mr. Pie. I'll have to try that next time the bills are due -- which is just about all the time, it seems.

Katastrophe
May 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
*KA-CHUNK* I stamp this thread with the Katastrophe Seal of Approval, and deem it safe for those with seafood allergies, as it is 100% clam free.

Sounds great, and you have now added to Baja Tele GAS for me!

SuperSwede
May 3rd, 2011, 01:58 AM
*KA-CHUNK* I stamp this thread with the Katastrophe Seal of Approval, and deem it safe for those with seafood allergies, as it is 100% clam free.

Sounds great, and you have now added to Baja Tele GAS for me!

+1

Dont´t forget to post that backing track ! :)

helliott
May 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the stamp of approval Mr. Kat, although I fear some clams may have survived. Swede, I haven't forgotten, but have been delinquent. Just had a federal election here and in my business (media) it's a recipe for 18 hr days, so just haven't been able to muster it. But I will, soon.

jpfeifer
May 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
helliott,

Nice solo! I love the tone you're getting and the feel of the solo is great! Sounds like a real amp, cranked up.

--Jim

helliott
May 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks jpfeifer. I am impressed by the sounds you can get from the hd 500.

And the BT is now posted.