PDA

View Full Version : She's Here!

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Mrs. Katastrophe had the baby on the 15th of this month. Baby Kat got here 4 weeks early and is still in the hospital, but is otherwise doing okay. She's absolutely beautiful, and I am a lucky man to be her Daddy. Not that she already has me wrapped around her little finger.;) Mrs. K is doing great as well. Baby Kat has long, skinny fingers like her dad.

Methinks there is much guitar playing in her future. :D

aeolian
November 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Congratulations, Katastrophe! Is she your first? Parenthood is great, and this coming from a father of 2 kids ages 12 & 10.

aeolian

Robert
November 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Big Congrats! Exciting times for you indeed, it sure beats getting another pedal eh? Haha!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
November 17th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Congratulations dad, by the way lullaby's dont use fuzz or phazer... i smoke cohiba's ,,,

warren0728
November 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM
congrats kat...kids are great!! hope you got a lot of sleep ahead of time! :eek:

ww

Spudman
November 17th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Congrats Kat. Say...as long as you won't be sleeping now would be a good time to start doing some recording.;)

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Congrats Kat. Say...as long as you won't be sleeping now would be a good time to start doing some recording.;)

Yes, a very big congrats. Yes, as a father of three young ones, I can attest that sleep deprivation can lead to very interesting psychadellia. Just roll with it and accept it as normal. I can hear the Hendrix!

oldguy
November 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, DADDY!!!
Katastrophe, wishing you all the best. I know you're walking on clouds right now, what a great thing, parenthood!:D
I just got to meet my 10 month old GRAND-DAUGHTER last week! That's a pretty good high also!:D
Who does she look like? How much did she weigh? How long was she? What color eyes? Hair? Awww, never mind, they change so much in the first month it's unreal. Congrats, and peace and love to you and yours.
Glenn

marnold
November 17th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Congrats! I'm a father of four myself.

Katastrophe
November 18th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks, guys!

aeolian - Yep, this phase of parenthood is a whole 'nuther world for me! The real fun's gonna start in about a week - two weeks, when she comes home from the hospital.

Robert - another pedal? Baby Kat already does a pretty fair Cry Baby impersonation. LOL!

6S9L - Cohiba it is, then! In my house, chorus and lush reverb is the new distortion.:D

Warren - Sleep? What's that? 3-4 hours at a time is a luxury, but I didn't sleep much before anyway. It's a good thing to have to get used to.

Spuds - Won't be doing much in the way of recording for a while. It's a full time job taking care of Mrs. K. After the birth, she only needed 2 ibuprofen, and it's hard keeping her at rest. At the hospital, she amazed the doctor, nurses and the pharmacist with how quickly she's recovering.

sunvalleylaw - give me a little time... I'm sure after the sleep deprivation takes hold, there are gonna be new and interesting chord progressions and solos at the Katastrophe house!:D

oldguy - Baby Kat was born weighing 4lbs, 7 ounces, and she's 18 inches long. At first, she kinda looked like Winston Churchill (ha ha), but over the last couple of days she's started to take on the facial characteristics of her mother. She's got my hair, brown and wavy/curly. She's got deep blue eyes, which opened for us on Thursday night for the first time. She's got a heck of a grip on her little hands.

marnold - Thanks, my friend.

I'd post a pic, but she's still in the Neonatal ICU, and is hooked up to an IV and a machine to help out with her breathing for a little while, and from the pics we have, you really can't get a feel for what she looks like yet. It was tough on Mrs. K. and myself coming home without Baby Kat. But, the docs and nurses in the NICU say that little Baby Kat is improving a little bit at a time. Our baby is already proving to be a little fighter, and the hospital staff is outstanding.

warren0728
November 18th, 2006, 06:23 AM
i bet she is a real beauty!! can't wait to see some pics!

my daughter is 7 1/2 and my son is 10 and they spent the night at grandma's house last night.

This morning doesn't seem complete because i usually snuggle with each of them for a little while before they get up....

ww

SuperSwede
November 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So how do you like the screaming solo´s that happens during the nights? :D

Tim
November 18th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Baby Kat has long, skinny fingers like her dad.

Yep!!! Sounds like a future guitar player to me. She will be able to reach those “screaming solos”.

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Kat. The wait is over and there is peace in the valley … until the baby gets hungry, the diaper needs changing or screaming solos are being played.

Spudman
November 18th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Awesome Kat. Or should we start calling you "Poppa Kat? Sounds kinda cool, huh.
Oh you think it's fun now just wait until the true enjoyment kicks in at 15. You'll be on cloud nine.:D

marnold
November 18th, 2006, 12:46 PM
In my line of work, I've seen several babies in NICU. It always tugs on your heartstrings even when the child is not your own. They can do some amazing things these days. Every child I've seen in NICU has come through with flying colors. A couple of years later, you wouldn't know that they had an extra-"interesting" entry into this world.

Spudman
November 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I went out with an NICU nurse. Visiting her at work would certainly tear at my heart strings too. It's great that those NICU workers are so dedicated to what they do.

Katastrophe
November 30th, 2006, 02:34 AM
UPDATE: Baby Kat came home yesterday! No screaming solos yet, but the 2:00 am feedings are fun.;)

And, just to keep this thread somewhat guitar related, she was having trouble getting to sleep last night. I put on VH1 Classic to pass the time, and they had a documentary on Jimi Hendrix. Two bars into his Woodstock verstion of the National Anthem and she was out like a light.:D

There is much guitar hope for this little one...:D

warren0728
November 30th, 2006, 02:43 AM
congrats kat!! glad she is at home now....

we want to see some pics!!

yeah i know it's 4:30am here....insomnia sucks :(

ww

sunvalleylaw
November 30th, 2006, 09:14 AM
UPDATE: Baby Kat came home yesterday! No screaming solos yet, but the 2:00 am feedings are fun.;)

And, just to keep this thread somewhat guitar related, she was having trouble getting to sleep last night. I put on VH1 Classic to pass the time, and they had a documentary on Jimi Hendrix. Two bars into his Woodstock verstion of the National Anthem and she was out like a light.:D

There is much guitar hope for this little one...:D

That is so nice to hear. Congrats!

Tone2TheBone
November 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Babys are awesome. Congrats again Kata!

tot_Ou_tard
November 30th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Whoa!! I was away from the fret for a week there & must've missed all the excitement.

Congrats Kat!!!!!!!!

Tone2TheBone
November 30th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Umm yeah have we missed pics? Baby pics are even more awesome.

Spudman
November 30th, 2006, 06:10 PM

That's cool...but don't your nipples get sore?:eek: :D

zeusse
December 1st, 2006, 12:13 AM
Congradulations and get ready to dig deeper in those pockets as you go, its quite amazing really how expensive kids can become...........oops I shouldn't have told you that......:o

Tone2TheBone
December 1st, 2006, 10:52 PM
Kids aren't expensive. I've never bought into that idea. Life works out the way it's supposed to.

ZoSo65
December 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Congratulations Katastrophe and the Mrs. !!!

duhvoodooman
December 2nd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Wow, how'd I miss this one?? Congrats, Kat, on the new addition to the family!! Better get her a short-scale to start out with! ;)

That's cool...but don't your nipples get sore?
You are one sick ticket, Spuds! :eek: :D

Katastrophe
December 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
That's cool...but don't your nipples get sore?:eek: :D

Nah... that's what nipple shields are for.: :eek:

Do you think Fender has a microminipreemie edition Strat?

She's got the "Crybaby" and "Brown Sound" effects down, my friends!

SuperSwede
December 3rd, 2006, 04:56 AM
Kids aren't expensive. I've never bought into that idea. Life works out the way it's supposed to.

Amen to that reverend Tone! Kids are just like Gibson guitars, a pricey investment but it pays of 1:100000 whenever they smile at you. And someone gotta take over this pile of gear when we pass away, right? ;)

Spudman
December 3rd, 2006, 09:29 AM
She's got the "Crybaby" and "Brown Sound" effects down, my friends!

But isn't it less of a Wah Wah sound and more like a Waa Waa sound? You might be able to change the Huggie inductor to vary the tone to some degree.

Katastrophe
December 3rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
But isn't it less of a Wah Wah sound and more like a Waa Waa sound? You might be able to change the Huggie inductor to vary the tone to some degree.

Of course, with the Huggie inductor mod you might run into the Pamper effect, which results in sound absorption and muffling (not that there's anything wrong with that).;)

Tone2TheBone
December 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Amen to that reverend Tone! Kids are just like Gibson guitars, a pricey investment but it pays of 1:100000 whenever they smile at you. And someone gotta take over this pile of gear when we pass away, right? ;)

Can I get another Amen! Thats right my friend, all of our Fret kids are gonna be so spoiled from all this great gear we're hoarding thats for sure.

Spud and Kata - hahaha you guys are cracking me up.

:DR

bcdon
March 8th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Mrs. Katastrophe had the baby on the 15th of this month. Baby Kat got here 4 weeks early and is still in the hospital, but is otherwise doing okay. She's absolutely beautiful, and I am a lucky man to be her Daddy. Not that she already has me wrapped around her little finger.;) Mrs. K is doing great as well. Baby Kat has long, skinny fingers like her dad.

A belated, congratulations, Kat! I was searching for 'cry baby' and found this post... even better! :dude

Katastrophe
March 8th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Why, thanks, bcdon! Baby Kat just turned 5 this past November. She is a happy, healthy, bubbly, blonde haired, blue eyed tornado of activity. She starts Kindergarten this coming August, and is doing very well in preschool.

I'm a lucky, happy dad.

bcdon
March 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Why, thanks, bcdon! Baby Kat just turned 5 this past November. She is a happy, healthy, bubbly, blonde haired, blue eyed tornado of activity. She starts Kindergarten this coming August, and is doing very well in preschool.

I'm a lucky, happy dad.

That is great to hear! I'm sure you are a hell of a good dad! I'll bump this thread in another 5 years; can't wait to hear the update. :)