PDA

View Full Version : Demo of the "Twang King" guitar

jpfeifer
April 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've created a demo video of the guitar that I bought recently called the "Twang King". This guitar is kind of a cross between Telecaster and a Gretsch. It gets some great tones for rock-a-billy, country, Jazz, Blues, etc. I'm loving this guitar.

I forgot to talk about the neck in my video.
The neck is a quarter-sawn maple neck with a soft V-shape profile. It feels much like a 50's era Fender Strat neck. It has medium jumbo frets and a little flatter radius so string bends are much easier. They also use Nitro lacquer on the guitar, making it have an overall vintage feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-_jLcRHeMw

Tig
April 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Great demo, JP! That guitar has some fine classic, vintage tones on tap. It found a perfect home with your wide range of playing styles.
I'd rather have it than a Fender La Cabronita Tele.

jpfeifer
April 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks Tig!

Yes, I'm really glad that I found this axe.

I'd seen that La Cabronita guitar you were talking about. I wonder who pays $3K for a guitar with 1 pickup, no trem, and really nothing special about it other than the fact that it's made by the custom shop and uses a TV Jones pickup for it's one sound. I don't get that one at all.

--Jim

Jimi75
April 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
That's an amazingly versatile and great looking guitar. J, you managed to pick oput the perfect licks to demonstrate the sounds this instrument can produce. By far one of the best demos I've seen in a long time, because you love the features of your baby and that's what one can see and hear in your playing and talking! Thumbs up, would like to see more of your demos!

Katastrophe
April 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM
That guitar is crazy versatile. The neck pup jazzy tones were my favorite, only because they were so unexpected through a "twang" guitar and Egnater amph. And, your playing is phenomenal.

Another cool thing about those pickups is that they have great definition when driven. Great demo, Jim!

tjcurtin1
April 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Great sounds and playing! Incredible variety out of one instrument - but as ever, the hands are a big part of that...

jpfeifer
April 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks so much everyone!

Tomorrow I have my first gig with this new guitar so I'm really looking forward to using it with the whole band. We're doing a Beach Boys show, so I'll need to have all of my surf tones together.

--Jim

Robert
April 21st, 2011, 11:18 PM
Great demo Jim. That was fun to watch and hear. Great stuff you played too.

mapka
April 22nd, 2011, 10:34 AM
I'd seen that La Cabronita guitar you were talking about. I wonder who pays $3K for a guitar with 1 pickup, no trem, and really nothing special about it other than the fact that it's made by the custom shop and uses a TV Jones pickup for it's one sound. I don't get that one at all.

--Jim

My friend has one! I agree with you on that one. He justified the price because of the limited availability. I personally would have spend that money on something more interesting (Duesenberg) to me, but to each his own... He is happy with it and in the end that is all that counts!

R_of_G
June 17th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Gorgeous guitar both aesthetically and tonally.
I'd love to play some country blues on that thing.

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
That is really cool! Where does one get one?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. http://texastwangmaster.com/tk_deluxe.html

I really like it. And it sounds just wonderful in your hands. Too rich for my blood, but I really like it.

Monkus
June 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM
That guitar is crazy versatile. The neck pup jazzy tones were my favorite What he said ... :) Great playing Mr Jpfiefer !!!

jpfeifer
June 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks Monkus! If anyone is interested in this guitar just email Rick at this company Texas Twang Master Guitars. The last I checked with he had a couple more of these prototypes left and he was selling them for a great price to get rid of them. I think that he had 1 or 2 of them left.

I'm kind of embarrassed about this video that I made since the audio quality is so bad, and I ramble on too much. But it was my first time doing one of these videos.

--Jim