PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

stingx
November 17th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Hello guys. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a guitarist in NJ who's been playing over 20 years. I love all guitars but have a particular soft spot for Strats. I found this forum while checking out some of the cool videos on dolphinstreet.com. Anyway, great board here with many interesting topics.

- Pete

Robert
November 17th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Pete, welcome to our Fret-board! Ahh, what a recruiting power that website you mention must have.... :)

Funny, your description sounds just like myself - enjoys all guitars - strats especially and over 20 years bending them strings.

Hope you like this hangout.
/R

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Pete, welcome to our Fret-board! Ahh, what a recruiting power that website you mention must have.... :)

Funny, your description sounds just like myself - enjoys all guitars - strats especially and over 20 years bending them strings.

Hope you like this hangout.
/R

Welcome! I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Spudman
November 17th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Ah yes, another Strataholic. Welcome aboard.
We have one rule around here...you have to cook your pancakes fully clothed. Otherwise...have fun!

Justaguyin_nc
November 18th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Welcome Stingx... great bunch of people around here.. Oh have your credit card handy.. they are a great bunch..but will have you buying guitar this and that before the weeks out.. not that, that's a bad thing..:)

oldguy
November 18th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Welcome, Pete, and your boogie clip sounded great, btw.
How'd you come by your moniker?
Mine's pretty obvious.
I'm OLD:D
Strats are awesome. Leo sure had the right ideas for a man just wanting to bring the price of an electric down to everyday working people, huh?

stingx
November 18th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Welcome, Pete, and your boogie clip sounded great, btw.
How'd you come by your moniker?
Mine's pretty obvious.
I'm OLD:D
Strats are awesome. Leo sure had the right ideas for a man just wanting to bring the price of an electric down to everyday working people, huh?

First of all, thanks for the nice welcome, guys. Oldguy, to answer your question, I have been using this nick since I've been using IRC and BBS boards way back in the late 80s/early 90s. It started out as Stingray but how it got to stingx is even a mystery to me. I've had it so long I just stick with it.

warren0728
November 18th, 2006, 07:38 AM
welcome stingx.....i think you will like it here...

ww

SuperSwede
November 18th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Ahhh.. the good old days of BBS systems.. ANSI color text. Those were the days ;)

Welcome Stingx!

Hogfullofblues
November 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Howdy!
Welcome aboard and awsome boogie there, Stinger.

Plank_Spanker
November 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM
About where at in Jersey, Sting? I'm out in the pines close to Chatsworth.

stingx
November 19th, 2006, 08:51 AM
About where at in Jersey, Sting? I'm out in the pines close to Chatsworth.

Plank, I am the other direction from you. I am right on the New York state border up in Ramsey.

Plank_Spanker
November 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Plank, I am the other direction from you. I am right on the New York state border up in Ramsey.

Can't call you a "Piney"....................:D