PDA

View Full Version : Super-Vee Bladerunner trem

msteeln
April 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
A search brings up 0 on this new version of the SV which (AFAICT) does not require the elaborate nut of the original SV. Lot's of good points over a standard Fender vintage trem, and this one looks much more like a standard Fender.

Company description
KwRqDRIqZIo&NR=1

User review
MWKupVdhRzA&feature=related

Anybody got/tried one?

Katastrophe
April 25th, 2011, 10:05 PM
They say it won't happen, but I would be curious to see how long the "spring" in the middle lasts, under real world conditions. I've read good things about the other trem that they make, but it is way expensive.

Duffy
April 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
That is a really nice sounding amp/guitar combination. I would be more interested in knowing what amp he is using. It has a great reverb to it as well.

The trem sounds like it is more free than the Fender vintage style six screw trem, but the two point Fender tremolo is also a very smooth trem that I like a lot.

I also really like the vintage-ish six screw type of tremolo that came stock on my PRS SE Singlecut Tremolo guitar. This is a very smooth trem and it has a lot more range on it, especially when pulling up on the trem arm. When returned to zero the bridge plate is flat and parallel to the body of the PRS, but it is up off the body, uniformly, about a quarter inch or three sixteenths, and this space provides for the extra room to have the extended range of action when operating the trem arm, especially giving you a lot more room to pull up on the arm. It's a cool little tremolo, and not like a Floyd at all, but very much like a vintage style Fender one. I think it's an improvement and there isn't a strip of spring steel that makes it smooth, like in the one described here.

I will be taking some pictures of this new guitar and will take some close ups of the PRS SE trem on the Singlecut. I also really like the two point trem on the American Standard Strat and on my cherry burst Squier Std strat.

The guy in the video can really get some great tones out of his rig, I'll say that. He can make that amp sing.

msteeln
April 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I would be more interested in knowing what amp he is using.Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.