PDA

View Full Version : HD500 + Hell No 2 for BLUES

Robert
April 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I spent some hours tweaking my HD500, and here's a good patch I came up with.

The No. 2 works beautifully for blues as well. I especially love the gutsy bridge pickup tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtCio1sc85w

Tig
April 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Sweet! I like the backing track, the guitar, and the patch which I just downloaded.
Of course the playing was excellent!

syo
April 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Very Nice Robert. Thanks!
Must say, I like that guitar. :socool

Tig
April 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Very Nice Robert. Thanks!
Must say, I like that guitar. :socool

Speaking of, do you happen to have a time line of when such a fine instrument could be ordered and delivered to the US? I know this kind of venture takes time to get to production and beyond.
I'm in the market for a T-style guitar, and this baby sure fits what I'm looking for. :AOK

kidsmoke
April 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Speaking of, do you happen to have a time line of when such a fine instrument could be ordered and delivered to the US? I know this kind of venture takes time to get to production and beyond.
I'm in the market for a T-style guitar, and this baby sure fits what I'm looking for. :AOK

word for word, I have the same questions.

syo
April 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM

word for word, I have the same questions.

Thanks, both of you. Yes, things have been taking much longer than I anticipated (for which I apologize) :master but we're nearly ready.

I will be giving special deals to all Fretters and extra special deals to Fretters who have been particularly supportive in the Hell thread. Please IM me or (even better) contact me at contact@hellguitars.com. I can give you more details of timing and pricing.

You guys have been both kind and helpful in your feedback. Really very much appreciated. :dude

Ch0jin
April 29th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Sounds Killer Robert, great job as always!! I guess the hours spent tweaking are really showing results in your tone.

I'd love to be able to own a Hell guitar, I'm not entirely sure which one yet, and given my disastrous employment situation at present I doubt I'll be amongst the first to order, but discounted or not, I intend to have one in my stable. Fantastic looks and awesome sound (based on the #2 anyway) aside, it will have a real story behind it like all my other guitars, and I like that aspect a lot. When I first started reading the main thread ages ago I had already envisioned turning up at my local store with one and saying "Oh yeah, I know they guy that makes them dude" as they drool. :)

Tig
April 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Spent some time playing the patch. It has a good breakup level. Backing down the guitar's volume cleans it up enough for chords/rhythm, and it gets rich using higher levels of input, especially if you kick in the EQ and compressor. No need for the OD unless you want meaner lead tones.

The Bassman patch is great for cleaner tones, yet has a wide range of useful gain.

Dragon Rider
April 30th, 2011, 07:53 PM

and another +1.

I found Robert's website from his youtube videos, and that hell #2 video led me here.

Now it is perhaps time to sell the Washburn Cumberland I don't play and start saving some $$

Saving counts as "good intentions" right?

therefore I'm "paving the way" to my new guitar?

bcdon
April 30th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I found Robert's website from his youtube videos, and that hell #2 video led me here.

Welcome to The Fret, Dragon Rider! Head on over to The Fret Players section and introduce yourself so others can give you a proper howdy. :dude

Tig
May 1st, 2011, 03:40 AM
Syo,
Which model of Bare Knuckle tele style pickups will come with the Number 2?

syo
May 1st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Syo,
Which model of Bare Knuckle tele style pickups will come with the Number 2?

Hey Tig. Well I was originally going to offer 3 different sets however after thinking about it, I've decided to carry just one for now. "The Boss". Though, for a limited time, I do have three different sets available, The Boss, Brown Sugar and Yardbird. Since I don't have massive stock (yet!) it just doesn't make sense to offer any options right now. All three sets sound great in the No.2 though. That's why I chose them.

piebaldpython
May 1st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Sweet sounding git I must say. Don't know if it's possible Robert......but any chance you could play off the backing track through a Mack amp instead of the "patch"? The "patch" has it's own coloration and it's doesn't give the truest picture of how the pups really sound.

Definitely, as it, the Hell gits are most worthy of consideration and I might be contacting SYO for info. lol

kidsmoke
May 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hey Tig. Well I was originally going to offer 3 different sets however after thinking about it, I've decided to carry just one for now. "The Boss". Though, for a limited time, I do have three different sets available, The Boss, Brown Sugar and Yardbird. Since I don't have massive stock (yet!) it just doesn't make sense to offer any options right now. All three sets sound great in the No.2 though. That's why I chose them.

Do you recall which set Robert has in his No. 2?

Tig
May 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM

Good choice. From the sound clips, I like the Boss, then Yardbird, then Brown Sugar.

syo
May 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM
Do you recall which set Robert has in his No. 2?

Yes TK. Robert has a set of The Boss in his No.2.

Robert
May 1st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yes TK. Robert has a set of The Boss in his No.2.

These pickups make me feel like an important leader.

:digit

:cool:

:french

Tig
May 1st, 2011, 11:52 PM
The Boss (http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=teles&sub=vintage_hot&pickup=the_boss) tele pickups have a nice sound. Here's the description:

The idea behind The Boss Tele® set was to take the 42 AWG plain enamel wind of the bridge coil to the max without compromising definition or the authentic twang and grind of a true Tele® pickup. The result is a fat, driving set of coils that can still be cleaned up by rolling back on the volume pot offering up a massive variety of Tele® tones covering clean Country through to hot Rock and beyond. The higher output provides a lot more bass response than would normally be expected and a more compressed dynamic, creating a deep tone with excellent sustain. The high-end is sweet and warm and the mids are fat with rich harmonic detail. The neck coil has been wound to balance perfectly in output and sound, available with traditional neck cover or open coil to suit the application. As with all of the Tele® coils in the range, hook-up is vintage cloth 'push back' and the bridge coil features a copper plated steel baseplate.

Bridge DC: 8.2KΩ
Magnet: Alnico V

Neck DC: 7.3KΩ
Magnet: Alnico V

Tig
May 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM
FYI for POD HD owners:
Line 6 has released a free firmware update for all POD HD's available through their website. This update gives you six new amp models. It also gives you five new amp parameters to tweak, including Sag, Hum, Bias, Bias Excursion, and Master Volume. I'm not sure what bias excursion means/does.