PDA

View Full Version : Amp question

scruff
April 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not.
I bought a project Fender Frontman 212R for like $60, hoping I could get it "fixed" and still come away for less than the new price. All I know is that I plugged it in and the light lit up but there was no sound.
So anyways I took it to the shop. They said they have this amp whiz who can prolly fix it up for me, but the thing has been there for like 2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing. So I'm wondering what my next step should be.

Any suggestions?

tunghaichuan
April 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not.
I bought a project Fender Frontman 212R for like $60, hoping I could get it "fixed" and still come away for less than the new price. All I know is that I plugged it in and the light lit up but there was no sound.
So anyways I took it to the shop. They said they have this amp whiz who can prolly fix it up for me, but the thing has been there for like 2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing. So I'm wondering what my next step should be.

Any suggestions?

I'd call them up and ask them (in a friendly manner) what the status of the amp is. Two weeks isn't unreasonable, especially if their tech has lots of amps to work on. If they keep giving you excuses, then I'd pick up the amp and take it to someone else.