PDA

View Full Version : Lemmy & Motörizer

deeaa
April 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Watched the documentary 'Lemmy' and I just had to go get the latest Motörhead album.

It's one of those bands I always really liked and respected, but at the same time seldom listen to, because it needs just the right volume levels and right state of mind...it's not stuff you can listen to with half an ear or with family present.

The document was good...I should have guessed the original motor-head uses amphetamines and that's what kept and keeps him going and lean and mean and still standing at nearly 65 and rocking hard. It seems impossible how can he live like that, chain-smoking marlboro and drinking Jack & coke for water and dropping speed, and still never stumble or seem drunk or even dull or dumb - maybe it's like Ozzy said, if he ever started living clean he'd probably disintegrate. Just insane. He must really be made of cast iron.

That aside, the Motörizer album really is pure good old Motörhead. Quite enjoyable, with a few tunes that are rather generic Motörhead but still good stuff, and lots of surprisingly bluesy tunes with great hooks too.

And those one-liners...Lemmy always was good at using words...gotta love lines like:

Can you still get it up?
Or are we pushing too hard?
If you wanna get your hands on a beautiful girl
You gotta use a Mastercard

Great stuff :-)

Katastrophe
April 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I wonder how much of that stuff with Lemmy is image these days... You know, iced tea in a whiskey bottle, smoking only during an interview, and the like...

Tig
April 27th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Are you sure you don't mean "The Wörld Is Yours" album? "Mötorizer" was released in 2008.
Either way, the documentary is a great watch. For those who have little interest in Lemmy, you might be surprised just how cool he is and what his musical influences are. Even his small apartment is a contrast from the usual rock star mansion.

Lemmy is a chain smoker, so I don't think he is putting on an image too far from his every day habits.

deeaa
April 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's an act at all. Based on the documentary pretty much all he does if he's 'home' is sit in a local bar and play slot machines etc. games, smokes and drinks jack&coke with some 'undisclosed additives'...no, I don't see it as an act. Pretty much everything about Lemmy is indeed that he's got no act, he just is himself and that's it.

I didn't even realize there was yet another album after Motörizer. Damn, must get that too!