PDA

View Full Version : Our house is for sale

Robert
April 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Check it out http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=10607511&PidKey=1545950464

Wanna buy it? :)

Comes with a guitar studio! :socool

Katastrophe
April 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Good luck with the sale! Hope it goes quickly.

Tig
April 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Only interested if it comes with your amphs, guitars, recording and effects gear, and 1 year of weekly, in-house lessons (all no extra charge). :rollover

But seriously, bonchamps.

Robert
April 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I should take a photo of my studio before we move. The amount of stuff in that little room is ridiculous!

marnold
April 27th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Moving someplace else in town or elsewhere?

MAXIFUNK
April 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM
There is a pic with snow in it................... DEAL BREAKER!!! good luck!

piebaldpython
April 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Good luck with your sale. As for me......it gets to -30'F in Camrose and there's NO garage for my car. Uh-uh lol

Robert
April 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Just get a good Japanese car that can handle the North American winters, piebaldpython! :)

Mahnuld, we're moving to a different part of town, calmer and the house is bigger. Not very far.

Eric
April 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Good luck, Robert.

We're going to put our house on the market in a little over a month too. Not the greatest time to be selling, since we're not buying another house, but hopefully it works out for both you and me.

Katastrophe
April 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Eric, not buying another house? Where are you gonna live? Apartment? Renting a house? Building a new one? Guitar and music based commune?

syo
April 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Want to sell it in a flash? Just take it to youtube...

"Hullo! This is Robert from dolphinstreetdotcom. Today I'm doing a demo of a Line 6 Spider Valve MkII, playing through Premium 12" Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers. This is plugged into the wall socket of my 3 bath, 4 bedroom, 1150 sq. ft. home with new low flush toilets and hot water underfloor heating".

Follow it with a nice lesson or a few riffs and you're set.
Probably.

Good luck to you and Eric!

Robert
April 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Haha syo, that's a good one! :D

Eric
April 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Eric, not buying another house? Where are you gonna live? Apartment? Renting a house? Building a new one? Guitar and music based commune?
We'll find some place. Probably stay with relatives in the interim or get an apartment until we decide what we're doing for reals. I think we both realize that house buying and maintenance is no joke, and it's not a slam-dunk investment unless you're in it for the long haul. At a minimum, I think we'll sit back and save like crazy until we know what we really want.

I bought the house we're in now back before I met my wife, and luckily it was pretty cheap compared to a lot of Philadelphia real estate, so we're not underwater on the mortgage or anything.

Robert
May 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
We got an offer... we'll know by Monday. If it goes through, we'll leave in a rental house for a few months, until October. Not sure where I will do my studio work... might have to use my office! :eek:

Robert
May 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
SOLD!

Our first offer was a good one, so now we pack it up and empty the place by the middle of June. Packing up all stuff in a storage place, then renting a house until our "new" house becomes available in Oct/Nov.

bcdon
May 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
SOLD!

Our first offer was a good one, so now we pack it up and empty the place by the middle of June. Packing up all stuff in a storage place, then renting a house until our "new" house becomes available in Oct/Nov.

Congrats!! Hope you can move in before the first snow fall!

otaypanky
May 19th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Now you'll discover just how much stuff you really have packed in that studio ~
Hang in there, this is the tough part ~

Pickngrin
May 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Congrats! Our house is on the market... at least one of us has had good luck with this!

NWBasser
May 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Mahnuld, we're moving to a different part of town, calmer and the house is bigger. Not very far.

At least is was calmer until that guitar dude moves in with his pile of amphs!

There goes the neighborhood! :-)

Robert
May 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
At least is was calmer until that guitar dude moves in with his pile of amphs!

There goes the neighborhood! :-)
:bootyshake:applause:rollover:rollover

Spudman
May 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Good luck with the move. I hope you enjoy your new digs.

mark wein
May 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Congrats!

player
May 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Already did the pack and Move scene.unpacking was almost as bad as packing.Congrats Robert :applause

Now you find things you forgot you had and take advantage of junking what's
not needed HA!

Robert
May 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I lost a microphone clip for a couple of months. Now I just found it, digging through stuff! :)

hubberjub
May 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM
That's great. I hope the move goes smoothly. I'm in the process of moving too. We haven't even put our old house on the market yet so it's been a pretty relaxed project. We were able to get all of the painting and renovations done on the new house without it being full of furniture (or guitars) and haven't had to rent a box truck yet. I just stop by the old house on my way home from work and load up my truck everyday and drive it over to the new house.