PDA

View Full Version : New Glasses Day

Robert
April 28th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Finally get a new pair of spectacles. :socool

Went with Oakley - they have a different type of frame, kinda sporty looking.

How often do you change your glass?

Spudman
April 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Are those going to go with your new house? You might have problems with the new neighbors if you are too sporty looking.

Pics or they are Buddy Holly glasses.:poke

FrankenFretter
April 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

I have to get new ones soon myself; I've been putting off the bifocals for as long as possible, but it's time. I'm going to pay the extra for the progressive lenses, because I don't want to look like a grandpa. ;)

Robert
April 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I can better than pictures. :)

This video has the new glasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOdYpsCAGw

FrankenFretter
April 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Those are nice, Robert. Good choice of frames! (Nice guitar playing, too!)

Ch0jin
April 29th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I realise you are talking about prescription glasses, but as I (think) I still have 20/20, I only buy sunglasses. FWIW I wear Oakley's with polarized lenses pretty much exclusively. I have a backup pair of Dirty Dogs which I'm led to believe are made by the same ppl that make Oakley's anyway. Polarised lenses have their downsides of course, but I just love wearing them on a bright sunny day where the polarizing action gives you bluer skies and greener grass and well, I guess they are the real embodiment of the old "rose coloured glasses" metaphor. Everything just looks better when you wrap them round your face. (except car glass and LCD displays) I recently wore some yellow tinted Oakley's that I'd borrowed at a poker game, and indoors under fluro lights as we were, they were incredible. Everything became sharper with added contrast. I actually said "Holy Sh*t" out loud when I popped them on I was so surprised how much the cleaned up my vision. Although to date I've only worn dark black polarized lenses, I'm looking to pick up a pair with the yellow style lenses for a more extended test.

I dig your new ones Robert, they totally suit you and awesome playing too! There sure are going to be some orders for Hell Guitars coming from thefret I'm betting!

otaypanky
April 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
yellow tint lenses are great to wear target shooting too
Nice specs Robert. My prescription and frames used to cost me over $600 a pair. Glasses are so overpriced. My wife suggested trying Costco. I got two pair for under $500.
but the last time I had to get new glasses I tried ordering off the internet because I wanted a specific frame that was hard to find. I was pretty skeptical and hesitant about doing it, but they turned out great and were $150 less than buying locally