PDA

View Full Version : Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy

Eric
May 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Does anyone else here like this movie? I just watched it again this past weekend; I really like it in a weird, kids-in-the-hall way.

I also love Gribo, the Danzig parody:

sZI19Au3AIk

When I was still in school, I jokingly said this movie was how I tended to view the pharmaceutical industry. After 7+ years in the pharma/biotech industry, I've come to realize that it's way more true than I ever thought it was!

R_of_G
May 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
I love anything KitH related.

We have Brain Candy and the whole of the tv series on DVD. They get watched at least once annually when I crave some KitH.

You're right too, the movie is quite a good satire of the state of the pharma industry.

Did you catch the mini-series "Death Comes to Town" that they did last year? It aired in the US on IFC. If not, I believe it's now available on DVD. It was rather funny and featured some great performances from the Kids. Really, it was just nice to see them all performing together again.

R_of_G
May 4th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Oh and on a guitar-related note, among the earliest songs I learned to play was "Having an Average Weekend" by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, the song better known as the theme to the KitH tv show.

hubberjub
May 4th, 2011, 08:52 AM
The nipples of Mother Hope have run dry.

Eric
May 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh and on a guitar-related note, among the earliest songs I learned to play was "Having an Average Weekend" by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, the song better known as the theme to the KitH tv show.
That would still probably be worth learning for me. I was just thinking about that, actually.

R_of_G
May 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
That would still probably be worth learning for me. I was just thinking about that, actually.

It was easy enough to learn after I'd be playing about six months, so you can probably have it mastered pretty quickly. It's a lot of fun to play electric with that reverb tone. Always fun to play at parties to see who watched Kids in the Hall. :)

marnold
May 4th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Does anyone else here like this movie? I just watched it again this past weekend; I really like it in a weird, kids-in-the-hall way.
The movie has its moments. I like the bits about the coffee delivery. I also like the They Might Be Giants song that was on the soundtrack that got about a nano second's worth of playing time in the movie itself.

ZWb-hMr1SME