PDA

View Full Version : Nbad!!

t_ross33
May 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
NEW BASS AMP DAY!

Working on putting together another project as the lead singer in our band now has a job that involves shift work. Makes it hard to book as many gigs as we had been playing. Still going to keep The Barley Boys rockin' when we can, but my drummer and I have found a guitar player and female lead singer for a new project. Wow! It's coming together.

So, I'm pulling bass duty with this project, which is really cool. Bass was my first love and I haven't had a chance to play much lately.

To that end, I traded in my little Hartke A35 in for something more gig-able. Picked up the 250W Hartke HyDrive 210. What a great mid-sized combo! Just the right amount of warmth and punchiness and a very usable overdrive section as well. EDIT: Our drummer uses a Roland TD-10 electronic kit, so stage volume is not an issue. 250W should be a great balance between power and portability.

First gig with the new amp (and the new band) coming up Saturday. I'll let you know how I make out :dude

EDIT: Here's a link Hartke 210C (http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1937&brandID=3)

NWBasser
May 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Congratulations on the new amph!!

I have a Hartke Hydrive 112 cabinet that sounds very good.

The hydrives seem like a real winner for good tone.

NWBasser
May 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Oh yeah...

Pics???

bcdon
May 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Congrats! And, like NWBasser said, post some pics, please. :dude

t_ross33
May 15th, 2011, 03:22 AM
ooooh! New amp definitely gig-worthy! Tight and punchy but with a nice tubby bottom end. We have a winner!!

Cab kicked back, volume on 3 (yes 3!!!) and I was slappin da bass all night long!! Pulled a couple Journey covers out of our back pocket even (Don't Stop Believing and Any Way You Want It)... hmmm never thought I'd be covering Journey but I have to say it was pretty cool. Now to Youtube me some Randy Jackson - lol :dude

t_ross33
May 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Ask and you shall receive. Debut performance of "Shandar Gray and Catch-22". Very cool gig, it was a 50th birthday party in the loft of a big old barn. Hartke 210c featured on the right.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/DSCF2054.jpg

Brian Krashpad
May 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cool pic, congrats!

NWBasser
May 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
What kind of bass is that?

PS- Great pic!

t_ross33
May 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
That is my trusty old Westone Spectrum ST. Bought it new in 86 :)

NWBasser
May 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
That is my trusty old Westone Spectrum ST. Bought it new in 86 :)

Now that a real workhorse!

t_ross33
May 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Here's (http://www.westone.info/spectrumstbass.html)some history on it. I purchased it for around $300 when I was attending college in Calgary, Alberta. I used my student loan installment to pay for it (like a good teenage musician), did a little recording with it on a friend's project and it's largely been a bedroom-player ever since. It's in pretty nice shape (except for a couple of dings) and I'm really surprised by how easy it is to play and how great it sounds (especially thru my new amp!!!). I was thinking of upgrading, but at this point I have to ask myself why? -other than my chronic GAS pains! she is a workhorse indeed and I'm looking forward to putting her through her paces!