PDA

View Full Version : 2 new Steven Wilson solo albums

Spudman
May 15th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Soon to be released from Steven Wilson (porcupine Tree, Blackfield, Bass Communion) are two new solo albums.

Steven Wilson two new releases
Posted on Tuesday, 10th May 2011 by bob (http://www.dprp.net/wp/?p=1682)
SW Solo 2 Out in June – Deform to Form a Star & Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye

The new solo album website will probably launch in early June now. The music is done, but we’re still working on film material and the deluxe edition. It’s presented as two 40-45 minute albums in the same package (which begs the question; when is a double album not a double album? When it’s 2 single albums issued together!) The album titles are “Deform to Form a Star” and “Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye”.

Tig
May 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Wow, this guy keeps busy! I really like his music for the most part. I hope these live up to his past releases from Porcupine Tree and Blackfield.

Eric
June 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Any word on these albums, Spud? I'm listening to some Blackfield now for the first time, and I like it.

Didn't you say something about a Mikael Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration too? I was just googling for that, and it looks like it might come out before too long, though Portnoy isn't involved anymore. Man, an Akerfeldt/Wilson/Portnoy collab would pretty much be my personal supergroup, though the dude who currently plays for Porcupine Tree (Gavin Harrison) is also ridiculously good.

Anyway...back to the point...just curious if there was any new news on this that you know of.

Spudman
June 24th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Check this out. This is the new site for the albums coming soon.
http://www.gracefordrowning.com/

bcdon
June 24th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Hey Spud,

I'm new to Porcupine Tree, what albums would you suggest I start with?

Eric
June 25th, 2011, 05:55 AM
In Absentia and Fear of a Blank Planet would be my picks. Stupid Dream is supposed to be good too, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Spudman
June 25th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Hey Spud,

I'm new to Porcupine Tree, what albums would you suggest I start with?

In Absentia is required and I really like Deadwing too. Next, Blackfield 2 is almost like a PPT album. Lightbulb Sun is another good PPT album.

bcdon
June 25th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks, guys.. I think I'll get In Absentia first.