PDA

View Full Version : A little Rough Cut

Lev
November 20th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Haven't been able to find time to record recently but I took a look back over a few rough cuts that I had recorded a couple of years ago and found this one. I used a Digitech Whammy/Wah XP100 into a PODxt and a BOSS BR532 to record. The bass is actually my guitar into the Whammy detuned which I think tracks pretty well. I used my Santana SE and again the XP100 Wah setting for the lead. It's bit rough but it's got a funky vibe I think.

http://www.box.net/public/ny86m8mhxm

duhvoodooman
November 20th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Ooooo, I like that! Nice groove, Lev. Keep 'em coming....

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Whammy funk... thatsa nice mix.... you still use the Digitech Whammy Lev? Seems like a very nice pedal... and sounds like one too.. nice jam.

Tone2TheBone
November 20th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Hey Lev, email me the tracks (filter at work) Email address is available when you click my moniker.

aeolian
November 20th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Getting funky! Nice one, Lev.

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2006, 10:37 AM
nice track... a bit like the music from the old 70´s cop series on TV!

Lev
November 20th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Whammy funk... thatsa nice mix.... you still use the Digitech Whammy Lev? Seems like a very nice pedal... and sounds like one too.. nice jam.

Hey Justa, the XP100 was possibly one of the worst made pedals I've ever used but great at the same time (if that makes sense). When it worked it worked well but the pedal mechanism was really flimsey and it killed your tone in bypass. I've upgraded now to the Expression Factory which is a much better built pedal but doesn't have as nice a sweep on the wah as the XP100 had. There's always a compromise when you buy mutifuntional pedals I guess. Digitech discontinued the XP100 whammy/wah a few year ago. Whammys are fun to play with though!

Tone2TheBone
November 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for sending me the track via email Lev.

Here's an interesting story about this....Lev emailed me and saw that my address was in Albuquerque, NM. He wrote back and said that he spent some time here working at a local chip plant and bought a guitar here in town that he happened to use on this backing track. Pretty cool.

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Justa, the XP100 was possibly one of the worst made pedals I've ever used but great at the same time (if that makes sense). When it worked it worked well but the pedal mechanism was really flimsey and it killed your tone in bypass.

Thanks Lev, I appreciate your opinion.. was thinking of one but read reviews simular to your comment on it... I will now look elsewhere.. maybe the expression factory...:)

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Digitech discontinued the XP100 whammy/wah a few year ago. Whammys are fun to play with though!

Oh wait..I might have my whammy's confussed... is this the same pedal or an upgrade? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Whammy-Pedal-with-MIDI-Control?sku=150171

zeusse
November 20th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Excellent structure to this Lev you might want to get some lyrics on this puppy and maybe a little lead work...very cool!

tremoloman
November 21st, 2006, 12:14 AM
Lev... SWEET MAN! You can never go wrong with the WAH. Jimi would be proud of you! I can picture Band of Gypsys performing that with you!

Lev
November 21st, 2006, 02:15 AM
Lev emailed me and saw that my address was in Albuquerque, NM. He wrote back and said that he spent some time here working at a local chip plant and bought a guitar here in town that he happened to use on this backing track. Pretty cool.

That's a micro chip plant rather than a potato chip plant!! :D Yep, bought the Santana SE in Albuquerque, brought it back to Ireland, recorded this song and now I'm emailing it back to Tone in Albuqueque!

Justa, the pedal you posted is the Whammy which is a great pedal - the one I had was a combination of Whammy and Wah which has been discontinued. The Expression Factory doesn't have as many Whammy options (extra harmonies, octaves, sub octaves) but it has the main whammy features along with wah, space station, univibe etc. They are expensive pedals when you consider that you will probably only have a limitted use for them.

Thanks to all for the encouragement on the track, I'm thinking of rerecording it and getting the mix a bit better. I'll might add some lead too.

oldguy
November 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Sounds good, Lev! Keep 'em coming.:)