PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

The Fender Bender
May 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
I was trying to change my avatar & somehow deleted it & I cannot for the life of me find a edit avatar section in the user panel, I have use avatars activated in the control panel.
Any ideas? :help

Spudman
May 21st, 2011, 07:34 PM
Go to "settings" at the top right, click, then go to 'edit avatar' on the lower left. Chose your avatar and save changes.

The Fender Bender
May 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hi Spudman, Tried that there is no 'edit avatar' setting, I went in to FAQ section 'settings & profile' then 'signatures & profile' clicked edit avatar & it is set on 'do not use avatar'
& I can't reset the field, I am not sure what is going on?

Spudman
May 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM
If you are at the 'edit avatar' page and the radio button for 'do not use an avatar' is checked, you need to go down a bit and click the radio button 'use custom avatar' and then it should work.

The Fender Bender
May 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
There is no use custom avator button on the page mate only a checked do not use button that wont uncheck, I have tried the reset fields box but it does nothing.
I think I will just give it a miss I am just wasting guitar practise time playing with it.

The Fender Bender
May 22nd, 2011, 04:13 AM
Just spent another thirty minutes trying to figure out why I can't put an avatar in my posts, I have exhausted all avenues I am wondering if I am being blocked by some higher force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katastrophe
May 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure, but I don't think you can edit / add to your avatar unless you're a contributing member. It was one of the changes with the new forum.