PDA

View Full Version : my band, shelftalker

f1point7
November 20th, 2006, 06:08 AM
hey fellow guitarheads, just thought i'd share this with you guys.
think i've posted this before but there are some new tracks up there..
hope you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/shelftalker

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Quote: About SHELFTALKER
No top 40s band we aren't. The original. The bleeding. The pain beyond. To find that one song, that will make us all cry, laugh and seethe at the same time. It's worth it all when your friends know your lyrics better than you do, and use them as a manuscript for life.

I really enjoyed the playing and vocals on "Let"... thanks for the link to the site.. keep it up.. singapore rocks...

f1point7
November 20th, 2006, 09:23 AM
thanks for the encouragement, Justa.
too bad no real drums yet.. oh well, it is a home recording afterall!

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 12:12 PM
oh well, it is a home recording afterall!

I been listening to "Let" over and over since I found the link early today.. I truelly have to say it has the best vocals and music I have heard here... I have always favored a ballad type over hard metal type songs.. I don't know if that is you singing.. but when Shelftalker makes it big and tour in America I will be buying a ticket... :) now please tell me thats not a cover song ? lol

aeolian
November 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
f1point7, are these your band's original compositions? They are terrific songs. I think your songs are ahead of your ability to record at the moment. They are going to be killer once your recording production is cleaned up.

aeolian

f1point7
November 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I been listening to "Let" over and over since I found the link early today.. I truelly have to say it has the best vocals and music I have heard here... I have always favored a ballad type over hard metal type songs.. I don't know if that is you singing.. but when Shelftalker makes it big and tour in America I will be buying a ticket... :) now please tell me thats not a cover song ? lol

hey Justa, thanks so much for ur support. it's a favourite tune of ours as well! and yes, it is our original :)
that's mikael singing, i'm playing guitars. cheers
Rob

f1point7
November 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM
f1point7, are these your band's original compositions? They are terrific songs. I think your songs are ahead of your ability to record at the moment. They are going to be killer once your recording production is cleaned up.

aeolian

thanks Aeolian, glad you dig the songs. it means a lot coming from this forum.
yeah the songs are our own material. we've got more but haven't recorded them all yet.

any recommendations/tips for recording? am using garageband

tremoloman
November 21st, 2006, 12:11 AM
Wow... I REALLY REALLY like "Let" - has a little R.E.M. type of vibe to it. Sweet man!

f1point7
November 22nd, 2006, 10:20 AM
Wow... I REALLY REALLY like "Let" - has a little R.E.M. type of vibe to it. Sweet man!

thanks tremolo, in order to be truely REM, we'd need to get some harmonies going on there.. ;)

i'm getting GAS... issit just me or can you tell i'm using a tele on the first 2 tracks? any excuse for a new electric (humbucking) !!

oldguy
November 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Rob!
Man, I am delighted you put this link up! You guys are absolutely great composers, singers, songwriters, and musicians! I work away from home all week, but have 4 days off now, and will be listening to this much more ("Let"), what a great tune. I would rather put this tune on than 90 percent of what I hear on radio most days.
Glenn

f1point7
November 26th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Glenn, glad you like the song. your comment about the radio just made my day :) cheers