PDA

View Full Version : Sid and Nancey Movie

omegadot
May 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
So I saw the 1986 production for the first time ever today on Netflix. I was born in 1986 so I hadn't caught it at release. I was always into punk growing up but was never a huge Pistols fan. I knew a little about the Sid situation from a few books I've read but I never got very emotionally involved in it. I really really loved this flick though. I especially liked how the treated the ending. Curious if anyone else has seen/enjoyed it.

deeaa
May 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Seen it yeah, don't much remember about it though, sorry! Perhaps didn't watch it all the way through or did something else simultaneously.

Spudman
May 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Saw it - didn't enjoy it. It made me depressed.

Tig
May 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I saw it back when it came out. I liked how they told the story, painful as it was. Maybe not the most entertaining movie.
I did like the soundtrack for some reason, even though it sounds nothing like punk.

omegadot
May 24th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I saw it back when it came out. I liked how they told the story, painful as it was. Maybe not the most entertaining movie.
I did like the soundtrack for some reason, even though it sounds nothing like punk.

Right, I like how it wasn't just a Ramones powered soundtrack. It made it more interesting since it was about a punk/punk music. That as a soundtrack wouldn't have added anything for me. I especially like how he basically dies as the kids are dancing to the disco-y poppy music at the end.

I wouldn't call it an uplifting movie, though.

Childbride
May 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
i saw that movie when i was 17; my second weekend in undergrad. i own it. it made me feel deeply; i enjoyed it. it disturbed me.