PDA

View Full Version : Hell Bender Video

Robert
May 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Dual Humbucker Goodness! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j59Zh_nJup8

Katastrophe
May 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Amazing! That guitar sounds as good as I thought it would. Those Bare Knuckle pickups are great sounding. I dig it!

Tig
May 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Now this is what a demo should be like! Nice job, Robert. It takes a versatile musician to properly demonstrate a versatile guitar.

The Bender is an awesome sounding guitar. It appears to have no weakness.

bcdon
May 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I love your playing, Robert! Great demo and sweet guitar! :dude

FrankenFretter
May 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Nice. I think Syo can count on everyone who watches this video wanting a Bender. Very good stuff, Robert!

Robert
May 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys. I worked quite hard on that video... glad it's working!

syo
May 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Nice. I think Syo can count on everyone who watches this video wanting a Bender. Very good stuff, Robert!

Either that or Robert can count on everyone wanting a Renman in their band.

Everyone knows that Robert is a fine player but I'll bet that many were surprised to discover that he is also a poet. "And now without further ado, let's see what this guitar can do".

Masterful... :dude

Ch0jin
May 27th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Great demo! WANT! (exactly that colour or a nice red perhaps)

deeaa
May 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Man, I do so dig that design, it's so classic looking despite being novel, the more I see it the more I dig it. I's cool like an SG but sexy like an LP, and not too big. I'd likely want to put EMGs in, though ;-)

Hopefully you'll find a Finnish importer as well at some point...I know only some local small store owners I've worked for, but I could certainly ask them if they'd be interested in direct-importing a few. What do you reckon would they cost sent over here and with an acceptable profit margin? I'll ask one of them the next time I'm in town if there'd be any interest.

syo
May 28th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Man, I do so dig that design, it's so classic looking despite being novel, the more I see it the more I dig it. I's cool like an SG but sexy like an LP, and not too big. I'd likely want to put EMGs in, though ;-)

Hopefully you'll find a Finnish importer as well at some point...I know only some local small store owners I've worked for, but I could certainly ask them if they'd be interested in direct-importing a few. What do you reckon would they cost sent over here and with an acceptable profit margin? I'll ask one of them the next time I'm in town if there'd be any interest.

Thanks Dee. I'm glad you like the design. :D

I'll tell you what, if you can manage to get say, 10 Hell Guitars to a dealer(s) in Finland, I'll give you one for free along with my thanks. Perhaps I'd even do that for 8 but I'd need to check the numbers.

I was initially thinking to sell online exclusively to the world but it is becoming increasingly clear that I will need to have dealers in Europe. There's just too much variance in customs and shipping costs are more, so sending single instruments is less cost effective. Also I need someone to provide after sales service. A rough estimate for Europe pricing would be about EUR 560 to cover extra shipping and customs duties. (Duties and fees in Europe are usually well over 20%! amazing...It's usually 5% here in Japan). That would be ballpark retail with dealers (and me) having some room for profits.

I actually just received a serious enquiry for a Bender from Portugal. Been receiving quite a few general enquiries as well from other EU countries. How would you like to be the Hell point man in Europe Dee? You're a man of persuasion and drive. Did you know the first 100 people at Microsoft are now at least millionaires? (At least this is what I was told by three fledgling software companies I once worked for. Before they went out of business that is...) :)

riverrick
May 28th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Man what awesome playing Robert (as usual). Really great guitar also. Can't decide if I want the Bender or the Zero Dot. When will they be available to the public??? Can we get one in the USA?

deeaa
May 29th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Much as I'd like to, Syo, I'm afraid I'm lacking both time as well as sufficient business skills to be successful with that...but I'll definitely ask around some of these days, if any of the local ones might be interested in ordering a batch. I'll PM you when I get around to doing it :-)

syo
May 29th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Much as I'd like to, Syo, I'm afraid I'm lacking both time as well as sufficient business skills to be successful with that...but I'll definitely ask around some of these days, if any of the local ones might be interested in ordering a batch. I'll PM you when I get around to doing it :-)

Actually Dee, I always wondered how you managed to have the time to do everything you do. Full time job, band, family, recording, guitar tinkering, guitar making etc. I was just playing with you really. Although I think I'd be fortunate to have you.

I would love to have any excuse to go to Finland. Always wanted to visit but never closer than Norway.

deeaa
May 29th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I guess I come from a family of hyperactive males, I only need to look @ my two sons to confirm that :-)

Also I guess as a teacher I have to overuse my brain all day long and drink loads of coffee, and I feel so drained mentally sometimes because of that I can't even count 1+1 is 3, LOL...but instead I may have good energy to do all kinds of physical stuff & also all at once, you know, why not vacuum the house or build a guitar if you're watching the kids @ home anyway...

Anyway, if you ever do get to Finland & here in the middle of it instead of just Helsinki, make it in the summertime and I'd be very happy to arrange a few days for a real local experience instead of sightseeing (of which there is little here anyway besides nature and the Helsinki area sights), like a three-hour motorboat ride via the lakes and channels to our cabin and have a nice sauna, beers and BBQ night there, or something very Finnish like that :-) if I think of what's nice about Finland to experience, that's about as good as it gets. Maybe going to Lapland for hiking and to some nice spa hotel is a close second, or if you dig a huge party, then some midsummer rock festival gets really crazy :-)

syo
May 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
...like a three-hour motorboat ride via the lakes and channels to our cabin and have a nice sauna, beers and BBQ night there, or something very Finnish like that :-)

You have no idea, Dee how good that sounds. Then again, I guess you do!
It would a pleasure, my friend, to say the least.

Neal
July 22nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Robert. That is a great sounding guitar. But if I show up in Church, with a guitar that has Hell spelled out on it, I don't know what the Pastor, and the Good Lord might think about it.

Robert
July 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Robert. That is a great sounding guitar. But if I show up in Church, with a guitar that has Hell spelled out on it, I don't know what the Pastor, and the Good Lord might think about it.

Put a sticker with the letter "O" after the HELL. :)

Neal
July 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
:D:D:D:applause:AOK Now that was funny as Hell

Bilsdragon
July 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Damn Robert, very nice playing. The guitar seems pretty sweet.