PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Friday: World's Shortest Guitar Lick...

Robert
May 27th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hehe, enjoy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Ak5V6mW5A

marnold
May 27th, 2011, 08:53 AM
The world's shortest lick: in an 8:15 video :)

I will say that I liked the application bit at the beginning so that it's not just "here's a trick" but also "here's how you can use it."

duhvoodooman
May 27th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Nice job on that simple but very effective idea, RR! I use this technique a lot.

As a follow-up, you might want to show a related lick (World's Shortest Lick, Vol. 2?) where you hold a note with your index finger on the B string and play the G string 2 frets higher, bending up a full step to reach the same note as on the B string. Great way to get a fat, wailing sound on a "single" note, with one string holding that note while the second bends up to it.

Robert
May 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys! DVM, that is a good idea. That might just be one of the next lessons I squeeze out. :)

Tig
May 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the needed lesson. Silly me was trying to do this with just 2 fingers!

sunvalleylaw
May 31st, 2011, 10:15 PM
That's cool Robert. My instructor taught me that one (and the one DVM mentions) a couple years ago, and i have used it. But this gives me some more contexts and ideas of how to use it. Maybe Chuck Berry made good use of that one?

sunvalleylaw
May 31st, 2011, 10:20 PM
P.S. That guitar gives some nice sounds. All were nice. I really like the blues sound you were getting.

Eric
June 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM
That's very useful, Robert. I'm sorely lacking in the little guitar-trick department, so I like vids like this a lot. I can already think of a bunch of solos that are much more understandable now that I realize they were doing this technique.

Robert
June 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks! More tricks coming! :)

syo
June 1st, 2011, 09:47 AM
Very nice Robert. Thanks!