PDA

View Full Version : Digging around in my tunes drawer

aeolian
November 20th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't had time for recording recently, but I did this a couple of years ago when I was just trying to do something a little different. Again, this is just another home recording done with drum programming, digital 8-track, PC mixinng software, guitars and bass played through a J-Station. See what you think.

Chinese Takeout -
http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/takeout.mp3

aeolian

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Nice blend.. to me it starts with Latin influence and blends Surf into it..back to latin... enjoyed it... clear and smooth...

Spudman
November 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Very nice. Lots of flavor there. It made me smile.:)

SuperSwede
November 20th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Insane tremolo! Real nice!
Made me smile too.

zeusse
November 20th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I always like that outside the box thinking stuff nice job...love the name did you come up with that after getting some chinese takeout:)

aeolian
November 21st, 2006, 10:08 AM
I always like that outside the box thinking stuff nice job...love the name did you come up with that after getting some chinese takeout:)

I'm always trying for outside the box. I started out trying to write a surf tune. After recording most of the verse parts the thing sounded oriental to me so I decided to put in the "la-la-la-la so-so me-me so" riff in there. I'm ethnically Chinese so I thought the title Chinese Takeout is appropriate. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

aeolian

jpfeifer
November 21st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Aeolian,

Nice tune. I really like the surf guitar sounds and the groove that you setup to play over.

-- Jim