PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Christopher Whitlow
May 30th, 2011, 05:23 AM
This sight keeps coming up while I continue my never ending Google search for knowledge so I figure I would take a closer look :) Just a bit about myself for any who like looking at this section and of course for those MUST! lol
I was disabled almost four years ago at the ripe old age of 35 and was so mad, depressed, and sad that I pretty much lost hope. Then I picked up an acoustic guitar that sat in my closet for 20yrs, a guitar I played for about 6 months because I thought it would look cool on the beach. A friend talked me in to hanging out at the Lodge on jam night to learn a few chords and it was on! Music quite literally saved me from myself and it turns out I'm pretty good at it and a very fast learner. I primarily play guitar but also like keyboard and drums. As a hobby I repair and or mod effects pedals and guitars because I hate most affordable stock tone boxes and I got nuthin but time.
There, I introduced myself properly... now let me lurk in peace!

Tig
May 30th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Christopher! You came to a good place. Several mod/repair junkies here as well.
Feel free to ask questions and share, but lurking is always cool, too.

Spudman
May 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome Chris and lurk away. Feel free to speak your mind anytime. We love participation here.

Robert
May 30th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Welcome Chris, great to have you here.

FrankenFretter
May 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard! I don't mod pedals, but I can't seem to leave any guitars alone. You're in good company here!

bcdon
May 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard, Christopher! It's so great that you found something to inspire you. Keep rock'in! :dude

Brian Krashpad
June 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome Christopher! Another one saved by rock and roll! That's a long list of which many here would consider themselves a e member.

Including me!

Monkus
June 4th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Welcome !!!!, one of the best things about this site are the human stories .... rock on !!!