PDA

View Full Version : Will travel a lot - 2nd half of 2011

Jimi75
May 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hi friends,

Haven't been posting as regular as I wanted to.

We finished writing our childbook (342 pages), plus we had to compose the illustrations and the songs for the cd that will accompany the book. It's been taking two years so far and we try to have the first finished product in hand in the middle of August 2011.
Haven't been playing guitar a lot in the past months as the book project gains absolute priority currently.

I am also supporting another project as a freelancer and this project will make me travel. The plan until the end of 2011 contains travelling the following countries:

Great Britain
Spain
Denmark
The Netherlands
France
Switzerland
Austria
Italy

I hope I can prevent becoming a rare guest here.
Please cross your fingers for me so that all projects turn out nice :-)

Robert
May 31st, 2011, 07:43 AM
Congrats and good luck! What kind of freelancing job is taking you on such trips?

Jimi75
May 31st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Congrats and good luck! What kind of freelancing job is taking you on such trips?

Thanks Robert. I will implement a corporate marketing structure for a multimedia company.
Hey, I could print out the The Fret Logo and take pictures from different locations/countries :-) ....if I don't forget this idea.
Will start travelling from July on.

Tig
May 31st, 2011, 08:15 AM
This sounds like a wonderful adventure! I hope the book/CD creation rewards your hard work.
I sometimes wonder how the positive changes we make will impact the world. You may get to see it spread before your eyes.

Pickngrin
May 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Wow, Jimi, that's fantastic! Best of luck with the project.

FrankenFretter
May 31st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Good luck, Jimi! May your travels be safe and rewarding!

tjcurtin1
May 31st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Sounds great, Jimi! Hope that it proves rewarding and not just exhausting! Good luck on all fronts - I had no idea that the children's book would be so big.

sunvalleylaw
May 31st, 2011, 11:09 PM
Sounds like a great adventure! I am sure you will make a success of it!

Ch0jin
June 1st, 2011, 12:39 AM
How about putting The Fret Logo on a T-shirt, then just get yourself photographed in front of landmarks in the various countries as you travel! Another nice one is a small toy, like a small stuffed bear with a little guitar and a little The Fret t-shirt photographed all over the world :)

(I work in marketing too as it happens ;) )

oldguy
June 1st, 2011, 04:03 AM
That's great news, Jimi! Congratulations and enjoy your travels!