PDA

View Full Version : A little inter-forum funk

Spudman
November 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
This track was started on another forum and I did the second solo. Anyone else want to do the next section?
http://www.box.net/public/cfma2g4hf5

SuperSwede
November 21st, 2006, 04:57 AM
Nice solo Spud! Was it ok to cross-post this from the other forum?

Spudman
November 21st, 2006, 07:33 AM
I don't see why not. I can probably find the version with no playing at all on it. Or you can just play something.:)

Hogfullofblues
November 22nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
Spud, that was sweeeeeeet. I'm simply not worthy to follow that performance. I tried. Masterful job.

zeusse
November 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
If time goes by and nobody else jumps on this one I'll give it a go I've hit this track before on another forum....just let me know....but I gotta say Spudman that is some really tasty licks from you bravo dude!

Spudman
November 22nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I thought that it was just fun to play to and that is why I put it here. You don't have to post your take if you don't want to but it might get you into playing something different than you normally would. Just for grins give it a try.:D

Justaguyin_nc
November 23rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Spuds..that had a very cool sound to it.. can you Highlight what was used for us newbies... also..is that pinched harmonics all over this track? and does that mean raking with thumb skin correct? what scales/scale did you add in if I may ask?

Guitars: Strats, Tele Special, 51, Agile AL2000, Epiphone LP, Ibanez - Rg 470, 520QS, 450, S470, SCR220, ST200, SA160QM, Roadstar II, SA220, M340TV acoustic, Rogue PRS, Peavey Falcons, Mystic, Tracer, S101 335, Mahogany cutaway acoustic, Spruce cutaway Acoustic, Accordion

Amps: Hot Rod Deluxe, Crate VC50212, Peavey Classic 20, 30, Marshall JMP50 combo, V Amp 2, Valve Jr., Crate Power Block, Lopoline 1x12 cab, Peavey 2x12 top cab

Effects: 535Q & Thomas Organ Wah, Ibanez: DM2000, AD202, TS9, AD9, CP9, FL9, GE9, Synth Wah, Bad Monkey, Tone Driver, Rat, MXR Flanger, Rotovibe, Boss DD5, DS1, BD2, PSM5, Loop Station, Arion Phaser, Fulltone Fulldrive, Rogue volume pedal, Tonebone Hot British, RP2000, Korg AX1G, Behringer AB100, AB200

Inquiring minds wanna know...:)
Those "squeals" (for lack of a better word) how are they accomplished?

Enjoyed it!

Spudman
November 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Mine is the solo from around 1:22
I used the Ibanez SA220>Vamp 2>Cubase>Box.net

No pinch harmonics at all.
Scales? Is my skin that dry again? I have no idea what scales I use. I just play. Maybe Robert's fine ear can tell?

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Mine is the solo from around 1:22
I used the Ibanez SA220>Vamp 2>Cubase>Box.net

No pinch harmonics at all.
Scales? Is my skin that dry again? I have no idea what scales I use. I just play. Maybe Robert's fine ear can tell?

Your "just playing" is really nice to listen to. Good job!

Hogfullofblues
November 23rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
I know what you mean, Justa. I find my self thinking "HOW do they do THAT!". I believe pinch type harmonics are all those cool squeals like in Swede's and Zeusse's Road Kill that ring out and sustain. I have no clue what to call the extra tone sound that Spud gets just as he hits the notes, but it also sounds excellent.

Robert
November 23rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Spudman is using mostly the Dorian scale throughout his solo.

Good lead, Spud! You got some nice ideas going in that solo.

Justaguyin_nc
November 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Spudman is using mostly the Dorian scale throughout his solo.

Thanks Robert!! Spuds..it's the Dorian..;) Sorry for asking such silly questions.. but some of us just don't have the skill and ears to figure what all you top notch guys are doing..so asking helps us move along and grow...to be spudsmen, zeussemen or even swedemen some day...:R

oldguy
November 23rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Darn it, Spuds, why'd you have to post this thing on here? JUST KIDDING, BRO!:D
This is great stuff, and I need to work on playing more of this style.
I got a sound I thought I liked, then every time I tried to jam along, I lost my timing, choked, you name it.:rolleyes: I did stay with it part of the time, but I definitely need practice.
Anyway, I kept waiting for someone else more capable (you know who you are) to post their take, finally said to heck with it, I'm gonna go for it.:eek:
Thanks, Spuds.
Glenn

http://www.box.net/public/v4iyzm2ouh

Spudman
November 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Oldguy
Way to come out of your comfort zone. Good job.
One more challenge for you now. Go back, re-record your part a little shorter say a minute to 1:30ish. That way some of our other fellow fretters can append their part on to yours and we will then have a nice collaboration of styles. :)

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
Darn it, Spuds, why'd you have to post this thing on here? JUST KIDDING, BRO!:D
This is great stuff, and I need to work on playing more of this style.
I got a sound I thought I liked, then every time I tried to jam along, I lost my timing, choked, you name it.:rolleyes: I did stay with it part of the time, but I definitely need practice.
Anyway, I kept waiting for someone else more capable (you know who you are) to post their take, finally said to heck with it, I'm gonna go for it.:eek:
Thanks, Spuds.
Glenn

http://www.box.net/public/v4iyzm2ouh

Thanks Glenn! You don't sound uncomfortable or out of your box to me. Way to go for it!

oldguy
November 24th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Spuds,
Thanks for giving me a do-over, man!:p
Tried to keep it shorter and leave some room for the next guy.
Come on, you guys, jump on this.
Trem, you got that recording thing goin' yet?

http://www.box.net/public/zn3cyhcfss

Spudman
November 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Awesome re-do. I think that was way better. Way to dig man.

Someone else want to hit this? So far it's all star all the way baby.

zeusse
November 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Sounded good to me Oldguy nothing wrong with that solo. I can give this ago and have something up by Monday if ya want but if somebody else wants to go jump right in I gotta work this weekend on 12hour shifts so not much time for me till Monday