PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Peavey VTM 60 or VTM 120??

progrmr
May 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Might be working a trade and it's tough finding info on these two heads. Considering trading my Gibby V but want to get $600 of gear in trade, so possibly one of these heads and a decent 4X12 would be close.

Does anyone have any experience with these and what might be a fair trade value for either? Looks like the 60's are going for ~$300 on the 'Bay, can't seem to find a 120 yet lol!

tunghaichuan
May 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Might be working a trade and it's tough finding info on these two heads. Considering trading my Gibby V but want to get $600 of gear in trade, so possibly one of these heads and a decent 4X12 would be close.

Does anyone have any experience with these and what might be a fair trade value for either? Looks like the 60's are going for ~$300 on the 'Bay, can't seem to find a 120 yet lol!

I don't have any direct experience, but from the schematic, it looks like a hot rodded JCM800. The cool thing is it has a DIP switch on the front panel to tailor the frequency response. It uses 6L6 tubes, so it won't sound exactly like a Marshall, though.

If the head is in great shape and it comes with new tubes and the matching cabinet, $600 would probably be a good deal. OTOH, trading a Gibson for Peavey equipment is kind of a down trade. No offense against Peavey.

Katastrophe
May 31st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Peavey makes fantastic gear, but their resale value is really low. The Gibby on the other hand, will hold it's value for a long time.

I dunno man, but I'd pass.

progrmr
May 31st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Yea, I decided to pass. Did pick up a Peavey XXX 4X12 which honestly sounds pretty awesome with the Bugera driving it...freakin loud as hell with the pre/master volume on 6. Good buy for only $250.

Honestly if the Gibby V doesn't sell I wouldn't be heartbroken, I love that guitar. I really want a killer head though so I'd let it go for the right trade or price.

I love the pickups so much (496R/500T) I ordered a set for my Epi LP...should be a good match I think.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/6b0a8dab-98db-9c6f.jpg