PDA

View Full Version : New Album: Arctic Monkeys - Suck It and See

Eric
May 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM
I caught wind of the Arctic Monkeys back with their initial success, and I thought they were decent. When Favourite Worst Nightmare came out, I really jumped on board and have liked them since.

Their fourth album, Suck It and See, came out yesterday. I'm not 100% sure if you can listen to the whole thing on their website, but it seems like it's possible:

http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/

I just finished listening to it, and it seems significantly less dark and moody than their last album, and a bit more direct and poppy. To me, that's a good thing. I'll definitely be giving it some more spins.

Anyone else listen to these guys? Thoughts?

cali87
May 31st, 2011, 10:06 PM
My wife and i have been fans of the Arctic Monkeys since 2007 and we have even been to one of their concerts in San Francisco.
i haven't listened to their new album yet but i have been hearing good reviews like yours.

sunvalleylaw
May 31st, 2011, 10:21 PM
They were one of the bands I meant to give a listen to but forgot to basically. I will have to give it a spin.

Tig
July 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Gave the new album a listen. I like the faster tempo songs the most. Some have some innovative riffs and guitar textures. A few song's lyrics are a bit weak, but the album sounds good overall. I like variety.

They sound like they are influenced by a few 80's new romantic bands at times, with a dash of Echo and the Bunnymen now and then.

Will need a few more listens...

marnold
July 2nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Saw them on Letterman last night. He mentioned the album title and said, "I think this is their Christmas album."