PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE - nasty JZip virus

msteeln
June 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Watch out for this spy/malware bugger!
The JZip will take control of the boot process, browser, change all settings, etc. A lot of people have been tricked into downloading this program. Malwarebytes could not clean it. Ad-Aware can (not a plug). It is somewhat like Malwarebytes but maybe more thorough. It is a free program that can be downloaded from CNET. Some have had to run the "complete scan" three different times to thoroughly clean this insidious virus. A complete scan takes about 8 hours.

Tig
June 3rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thx

Be careful out there!

aeolian
June 4th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I wonder whether this is the bugger that's got my old desktop. What I have is a browser hijacker that springs up new webpages and browser windows for both Internet Explorer and Firefox; it only happens on my wife's login, since I believe she downloaded it. I have used Microsoft virus scan, Malwarebytes, Hijackthis, vundo, some stuff is found and deleted but the problem still exists.

This is an 8 year old computer and not really worth spending money on fixing so currently it is just disconnected from my wifi. If it is connected to wifi I can hear the disk going constantly.