PDA

View Full Version : BeginningTracks

sunvalleylaw
November 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Ok guys. I went ahead and posted something. Just to get my feet wet. This is total newbie beginner stuff and I hope Neil forgives me. This is stuff I have been playing on my acoustic. This is my Strat, as I do not have a good way of getting my acoustic's sound into the computer yet.

Everything was recorded just with a cable into Garageband on my G4 iMac, with my 60th Std. Strat. Please listen to Hey Hey last, if at all. I am not satisfied with it and can play it better. I threw it up there anyway just for the different amp tone. After listening to all the surfabilly, I was trying to go for a beach toned Heart of Gold in the SurfGold track. The Surfgold 2 track is just trying out a different amp setting in Garageband. Hey, it's for fun and learning, right? Thanks guys.

Steve

http://www.box.net/public/xoa674khr5 SurfGold1

http://www.box.net/public/45lk2j5e4z SurfGold2

http://www.box.net/public/5hgmpfz7b7 Hey, Hey (fixed link)

ted s
November 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Way to go there Steve ! Your playing and timing was great ! If you are trying for accoustic, isn't there a sim in garage band for that ? Let's hear more of ya !

Spudman
November 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Yea! Now this is great. Even the new guys are posting their playing. This is what it's all about.

Good job and especially to pull out the cajones and 'get er done'.
Good meter for not having a drummer.

BTW. Your third track is the same as the second.

sunvalleylaw
November 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Yea! Now this is great. Even the new guys are posting their playing. This is what it's all about.

Good job and especially to pull out the cajones and 'get er done'.
Good meter for not having a drummer.

BTW. Your third track is the same as the second.

Thanks guys. Ted, I didn't know that about the acoustic setting, but I was more indicating normally I play this stuff on my acoustic. (Except for Hey, Hey). I was experimenting with what kind of electric guitar sound would be cool for Heart of Gold. I was going for a golden sunset over the beach kind of feel. It sure is fun to play!

aeolian
November 20th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Steve, that sounded good! Now you are over the hurdle of the recording software and the logistics of recording, all you have to do is add some of Neil's patented one-note solos and you have a hit. OK, may be it isn't quite that easy, but you are doing great.

aeolian

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Way to go Steve..jump on in the waters fine.... so is the playing..

Hogfullofblues
November 20th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Alright! That was very tight and well played, and the Strat sounded good. Way to go, Steve!

tremoloman
November 21st, 2006, 12:08 AM
Man this is so inspiring hearing you guys play! I wish I had the self-confidence to play in front of people and record a long time ago back when I started. No use crying over spilt milk though... better late than never. Each track I listen to just motivates me even more!

Great stuff! That's a nice tone you've got going there...

Maybe you could do 'Rocking In The Free World'. We use that as a loose jam towards the end of a gig. Always a crowd pleaser! :)

SuperSwede
November 21st, 2006, 04:53 AM
Steve, its good to hear that you have made your first GB recording. Isnt it simple? The built in amps are rather good.

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2006, 05:44 AM
Worthy first efforts there, Steve! Keep 'em coming.... :DR

oldguy
November 23rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Steve, man, all you need now is practice enough to get comfortable with those chord changes on some new songs. The ones you posted sound good!:D
BTW...what in the world is "surfabilly"?:DR

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM
BTW...what in the world is "surfabilly"?:DR

Thanks Glenn. I guess surfabilly is guys with idaho plates on a pickup trying to surf in So. Cal. (I went on that trip once, it was way fun!). ;)

oldguy
November 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
LOL, :D OK, good description.
When I put it up I was thinking more of a hillbilly in bib overalls listening to Dick Dale or the Surfaris!
Glenn