PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 POD HD300 Demo

Robert
June 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Here is my demo of the HD300. It's a bit long... and there's still lots I didn't cover.

For example, editing the effects could be a future video in itself.

Let me know how useful you found this one! :hungry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQVqqXDyHk

omegadot
June 11th, 2011, 06:50 AM
This is pretty sweet. I got the 300 a while back and love it since it's a small package I can drag along to jam. It's nice to see someone run through it that knows a lot more than I do about effects and all that other black magic.

jpfeifer
July 10th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I just bought the Pod HD400 to replace my trusty Vox Tonelab which I'd been using as my main recording setup for electric.

I'm still getting to know the HD400, and I've got to say that these amp models are very good. The technology is getting better and better all the time.
The real acid test for me was when I was able to get some very realistic Fender Twin and Deluxe models that sound & feel close to the real thing. Most of the amp modelers will do decent high gain sounds but the cleaner/semi-dirty sounds seem to be what separates the great modelers from the average ones. I was able to dial in some great sounds for surf and rockabilly with my HD400 and having fun with them. I'm also finding the looper feature to be a useful tool to use for writing, as a way to try a few parts against each other before I record them.

The Pod HD not the easiest interface to use, for a live setup, but it seems doable (haven't tried to us it that way yet). I think that the Vox modeler had a more straight-forward interface as a live setup, (easier to tweak on the fly), but the PoD sounds more realistic, now with these updated models. I'm really liking mine overall.

--Jim

Robert
July 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'll try the new update soon. I hear lots of comments about the improvements.

For live use, I find the HD300 easiest. With the HD500, I find you really need to have it all set up beforehand.