PDA

View Full Version : Volume Box

FLHX
June 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I have a Marshall 3203 and thinking about one of those volume boxes where you can turn up the volume on the head then use the box to control the volume. It runs though the FX loop and it is suposed to really bring out the tone from the head. Has anyone used one of those things.

tunghaichuan
June 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have a Marshall 3203 and thinking about one of those volume boxes where you can turn up the volume on the head then use the box to control the volume. It runs though the FX loop and it is suposed to really bring out the tone from the head. Has anyone used one of those things.

You already have that built into the head. The master volume is right before the effects loop, so plugging in one of those volume boxes would only put another pot in parallel with the master volume.

stingx
June 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I bought one of those online a few years ago. Still have it. It's useless.

Matt
June 9th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Tunghaichuan is right, by putting it in the FX loop, it is merely another master volume- although one you can control from your foot which might be useful in a couple of applications- such as being far away from your amp on stage. But otherwise, not many things you can do with it.

I prefer to use one infront of an amp for volume swells when the guitar im using's volume pot is too far away to do it manually. Try this with a delay before distortion/od and you get some pretty cool sounds.

FLHX
June 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info