PDA

View Full Version : Nad

NWBasser
June 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I recently picked up a new guitar amph for bedroom practice and more variety than my tube amph.

A Fender Mustang I.

Very cool little modeling amph. I'm very surprised at how sweet and full this one sounds, even with an 8-inch speaker.

It's very easy to use and the models sound pretty darn good for what it is. The effects are really nice and quite a step up from most modelers.

The Fuse software is quite easy to use and a lot fun dialing up different sounds.

As others on here have already said, this is one very impressive amph for the small bit of money they cost.

It's nice to have an amph that will do less volume than my H&K which goes from silent to a bit loud and nothing between.

Thanks to Stingx for the recommendation on this one.

FrankenFretter
June 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I played through this amph on Memorial Day Weekend, when Jason was down to visit. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. I can only imagine how nice the M2 sounds with a 12" speaker. That little 8" sounds bigger than it is, and the models are pretty cool. Definitely a great grab-n-go combo for those who like to travel light. If I didn't absolutely love my Cube 60, I'd be tempted to get a Mustang. In fact, if the kid decides she want to continue with guitar (and that's a bit uncertain at the moment), I'll probably get her one down the road when she's ready for it.

For the price, I'm not sure there's a better deal out there. Good score, Jason!

Tig
June 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
HNAD!

Again, Fender hits one out of the park for so little investment. These Mustangs are seriously great sounding.

Eric
June 14th, 2011, 07:22 AM
First of all, HNAhD!

So these Mustang I amps are, what, like $100? Considering that, which would people recommend between a Mustang I and a Roland Microcube? I've been combing CL for the latter, but I wonder how the Fender compares. I think a Microcube can occasionally be found for $50 used, which probably beats out a Mustang. They're mostly in the same price bracket though, so I'm curious.

NWBasser
June 14th, 2011, 10:59 AM
First of all, HNAhD!

So these Mustang I amps are, what, like $100? Considering that, which would people recommend between a Mustang I and a Roland Microcube? I've been combing CL for the latter, but I wonder how the Fender compares. I think a Microcube can occasionally be found for $50 used, which probably beats out a Mustang. They're mostly in the same price bracket though, so I'm curious.

I've played both and the Mustang I is much more versatile and fuller-sounding than the microcube.

bcdon
June 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Awesome, congrats! Happy New Amph Day! :dude