PDA

View Full Version : New P-43 Cover/Video: Baby Let's Twist

Rockermann
June 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Gang,

Just posted the latest video in our 'cover series' to YouTube. It's called "Baby Let's Twist" and is originally by The Dictators. One of the more influential punk bands from the 70s.

We had a bit of an issue with some of Chris' video and didn't have the ability to re-shoot, so he doesn't enter until the solo section, but at least he makes in it for that. :)

Check it out here and we'd love to hear your feedback as always.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QfNfPkpAiA

Rock on!

marnold
June 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
When I first heard the riff, I thought you were playing Rainbow's "Since You've Been Gone" :)

I've liked every one of these. I tend to gravitate to the more metal ones, but this is pretty cool too. Something fun about a couple of chords and a cloud of dust.

Soooo, Rockermann, whatcha reading? :poke

Rockermann
June 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Ha! I hear the similarity in the riff now too... That's one of my fav Rainbow tunes, so I'm surprised I didn't pick up on it earlier.

I'm hard core metal guy too, but I do like some other stuff occasionally as a change of pace. This ended up being a fun song... and your right, sometimes simplicity can be amazing. Just ask AC/DC. :)

I forget what I was reading... just something I thought would be funny as I didn't have a lot of parts in this song. Not sure it came off as such though. :)

marnold
June 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I forget what I was reading... just something I thought would be funny as I didn't have a lot of parts in this song. Not sure it came off as such though. :)
I thought it was a riot, so it worked for me.

Rockermann
June 16th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks! Good to know it worked, at least for one person. :)

Perfect Stranger
June 16th, 2011, 05:30 AM
That sounded great....good job!

Rockermann
June 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks, PS! Glad you liked it.