PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

cosywas
June 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Iam a beginner, Iam now familiar to basic chords and now struggling with bare chords for "E&A" shapes
but progressions are still a big challenge.
Are there any other forms of bare chords apart from these? .. thanks
someone help..

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm not the best person to answer your question, but I think that those are the two barre chord forms. Glad to have you here, make yourself at home! Lots of stuff to learn from the good folks here at The Fret.

Spudman
June 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum. If you need any instructional tips or playing ideas be sure to check out the forum boss' site www.dolphinstreet.com.

bcdon
June 21st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard! If you are struggling with barre chord -- regardless of position -- make sure you have your guitar setup properly.. it does wonders!

sunvalleylaw
June 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
Hi Cosywas. Welcome. I was where you are now just a couple years ago. Keep at it! You will find lots of help here, and be sure to make use of Robert's free lessons (dolphinstreet).

Pickngrin
June 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Welcome, Cosywas. Those are major chord barre forms. There are also minor chord barre forms and others. As SunValley and Supdman mentioned, Robert has great lessons on his site. Keep us posted on your progress.

Brian Krashpad
July 5th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome! E and A are the two most important barres. There are also things like minors, 7ths, and minor sevenths which are variations on those two. You can also do a barre based on the D open shape, but (for me at least) it's considerably trickier.

Like anything else, it gets easier with repetition. Part of that is that your hands develop "muscle memory" and you no longer actually have to "think" about placing your fingers on the right strings.

Have fun!

Monkus
July 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Welcome !!!!

guitarhack
July 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the Fret!