PDA

View Full Version : BC Don and anyone in the Vancouver area - be on the lookout for this Stolen gear

otaypanky
June 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I saw this posted on another site and wanted you folks in the Vancouver area to be aware

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/2449158332.html

FrankenFretter
June 21st, 2011, 07:23 AM
That sucks. I hope they find that LP soon. Why anyone would desecrate a '53 like that is beyond me, but to each his own. I'll keep an eye out down here as well, since it could just as well end up south of the border. Thanks Bob!

Eric
June 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
That sucks. I hope they find that LP soon. Why anyone would desecrate a '53 like that is beyond me, but to each his own. I'll keep an eye out down here as well, since it could just as well end up south of the border. Thanks Bob!
Maybe he made the modifications in '54? I occasionally wonder if future generations will shake their heads at the intentional relicing and mod-mania that we do currently.

bcdon
June 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM
I saw this posted on another site and wanted you folks in the Vancouver area to be aware

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/2449158332.html

That is just terrible! The really sad part is that this kind of property crime is so prevalent up here. The only justice is
that Karma really is a ***** for jerks that rip off people like this!

Thanks, Bob!

FrankenFretter
June 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe he made the modifications in '54? I occasionally wonder if future generations will shake their heads at the intentional relicing and mod-mania that we do currently.

Well, he definitely made it his own, there is that. Hopefully I'm not totally ruining the value of my Agiles by all the mods I've done and have yet to do. Who knows, maybe in twenty years they'll be as sought after as Tokais, Burnys and the like. But I digress, and as usual it's Eric's fault. ;)

Eric
June 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
But I digress, and as usual it's Eric's fault. ;)
Naturally!

NWBasser
June 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM

I'll chime and say that while he devalued the guitar in the eyes of everyone else, he made it his own and increased his personal value and enjoyment of the instrument. I think there was little chance that he was ever going to sell it and his modifications apparently made it into the guitar that he wanted to make music with.

bcdon
June 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
I'll chime and say that while he devalued the guitar in the eyes of everyone else, he made it his own and increased his personal value and enjoyment of the instrument. I think there was little chance that he was ever going to sell it and his modifications apparently made it into the guitar that he wanted to make music with.

Totally agree! After all, is the instrument for future owners or for the current owner? I think Humpty Dumpty had something to say about who is, and who is not, the master of things...

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23101.html
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone. "It means just what I choose it to mean - neither more or less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."
Lewis Carroll
English author & recreational mathematician (1832 - 1898)