PDA

View Full Version : Unable to delete a post

R_of_G
June 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Hello Robert & Mods.

I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to delete a post. I accidentally double-posted a few minutes ago and tried to delete the second but was unable to figure out how to do so with the current forum interface.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.

R_of_G
June 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Eric, I see it now.

EDIT: Interestingly, it does not appear to work for all my posts. I tried it on the post in this thread after reading your response and I had the option to delete that one (which I obviously didn't). However, when I went to the other thread (about why GC employees suck) and tried on that post I was presented with the other edit options but not delete. Curioser and curioser.

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2011, 12:44 PM
I ran into that this morning on another forum that is using the same format and went through similar updates. Hmm.

EDIT: I see the delete option in editing this post. Maybe I just missed it before because it used to be below and not above.

R_of_G
June 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
I ran into that this morning on another forum that is using the same format and went through similar updates. Hmm.

EDIT: I see the delete option in editing this post. Maybe I just missed it before because it used to be below and not above.

Interestingly, for me it's still below and not above (perhaps because I'm using Firefox?) but it's not there at all for some of my posts, there for others.

EDIT: For example, I can delete my first post in this thread but not the other two. That's just peculiar.

Robert
June 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hmm, not sure about this. Perhaps it's a setting checking if other replies have been added, and won't let you delete if that's the case. Just so the thread doesn't get confusing to readers. Just a guess - I will see what I can find out.

R_of_G
June 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hmm, not sure about this. Perhaps it's a setting checking if other replies have been added, and won't let you delete if that's the case. Just so the thread doesn't get confusing to readers. Just a guess - I will see what I can find out.

An interesting theory, but my experience suggests otherwise. The first post I tried to delete was only a minute old and had yet to be replied to. Thanks for looking into it. I don't even care if I can delete it or not, it's really more of a curiosity thing to me. :)

Eric
June 21st, 2011, 02:43 PM
Well, I just managed to delete my post in here, which had been replied to. One note on that though: I had to click 'Delete' down below the text entry field, which then brought up a delete menu. The check box I mentioned initially was no longer there.

R_of_G, you could try that out and see if that works. Seems like a long-shot, but just in case you didn't see it earlier...

R_of_G
June 22nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Well, I just managed to delete my post in here, which had been replied to. One note on that though: I had to click 'Delete' down below the text entry field, which then brought up a delete menu. The check box I mentioned initially was no longer there.

R_of_G, you could try that out and see if that works. Seems like a long-shot, but just in case you didn't see it earlier...

That's a negatory good buddy.
Same as previously, for some posts the option of "Delete" is in the edit options (below the text entry space) and for some, not.
If nothing else, at least I've uncovered an interesting mystery.