PDA

View Full Version : Canucks fans/mayor whacked????

piebaldpython
June 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/news/6828/vancouver-mayor-we-now-believe-the-rioters-were-visiting-philadelphia-fans

OMG...I nearly peed myself reading this. lol Evidently the "sportspickle" is in the same vein of the Onion New Network........a satirical look at events in the world but done in a "responsible" journalistic way.

When I first read this....I didn't realize it was a Onion Network type thing as I was all WTF? lol

Enjoy!!

Bookkeeper's Son
June 22nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Being Philly born and raised, I found this very funny.

piebaldpython
June 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Being Philly born and raised, I found this very funny.

No kiddin'......where in Philly? Born and raised in Lawncrest (St. William's parish)...married and moved to Oxford Circle (St. Martin of Tours parish)....moved in 1984 to Pennypack (Maternity BVM parish). Graduated NE Public HS ('74) and Temple U (Jan '79).

Yeah, that was funny and I just re-read it and cracked up all over again.

Bookkeeper's Son
June 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
No kiddin'......where in Philly? Born and raised in Lawncrest (St. William's parish)...married and moved to Oxford Circle (St. Martin of Tours parish)....moved in 1984 to Pennypack (Maternity BVM parish). Graduated NE Public HS ('74) and Temple U (Jan '79).

Yeah, that was funny and I just re-read it and cracked up all over again.

Grew up in Feltonville (F Street & Roosevelt Blvd), high school years in the far northeast (Verree Rd), graduated Northeast High in '71. Lived in Oxford Circle (Unruh & Summerdale) 82-86.

marnold
June 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Actually there's no way those were Philly fans. Vancouver is still standing :) On top of that, Bobby Clarke did not claim responsibility. Plus I didn't hear anybody arguing about the best cheesesteak.

piebaldpython
June 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Grew up in Feltonville (F Street & Roosevelt Blvd), high school years in the far northeast (Verree Rd), graduated Northeast High in '71. Lived in Oxford Circle (Unruh & Summerdale) 82-86.

lolol Feltonville is a shooting gallery...a depressed area for sure. St. William's now has some masses in Spanish and St. Martin's has some masses in Portuguese as they have a sizable Brazilian community. Verree Rd is still pretty nice. My how times have changed in 25+ years.

Hey Marnold......there's a time and place to argue about cheesesteaks....and when you're tipping buses and cabs isn't that time. Billy Penn is still standing on City Hall, so we Philly-ites don't go for total destruction.

mapka
June 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
When I first read this....I didn't realize it was a Onion Network type thing as I was all WTF? lol

Enjoy!!

You should have know this was fake right away. What true Flyers fan would root for another team. If it was Philly fans they would have bused the Canucks here and roughed them up for not being Flyers fans! :D BTW didnt grow up in Philly but did go to high school in Wayne. And spent plenty of time down in the area of Red lion and Bustleton Ave