PDA

View Full Version : A personal thank you from a beginner.

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
Hi all! Here in the U.S. of A., we celebrate Thanksgiving day tomorrow. For me it is a time to be with my family, and reflect on the blessings in my life. In that vein, I want to personally thank my new friends here on the Fret. First and foremost, to Robert for being so giving of his time, and for referring this over-analytical and excitable newbie to this board. It is a valued outlet. Also, to each and every one of you who have encouraged me to play and stretch my limits, while being accepting my skills as they are at this time. I would never have even dreamed of posting a song to a forum like this, even a few weeks ago. Also, for sharing your musical talents. I have been downloading and listening to each person's songs, and just amazed at the talents present here. Right now, I am listening more to Fret music than any I have purchased. I sure hope a CD project works out. And especially for sharing your time answering questions etc, that I am sure seem obvious to some. Hopefully I can give back as time goes along. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend with your families, whether or not Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in your home. Thank you.

Steve Thompson

P.S. As has been discussed in another thread, if anyone comes into SV, Idaho, Beers on me!! :D

Robert
November 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Thank you Steve for helping make this forum a great place!

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

SuperSwede
November 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you Steve for your contributions to the fret.net! Every person is equal here, beginner or pro. We are all a happy family! *starts singing "We are the World"*

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Thank you Steve for your contributions to the fret.net! Every person is equal here, beginner or pro. We are all a happy family! *starts singing "We are the World"*

LOL! Saw Lionel Ritchie (co-writer of the song) last night on the AMAs, presenting a new song.

"We are all a happy family!" - - - Also makes me think of an old Ramones song.:DR

Spudman
November 22nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Glad to have you aboard there state-mate. (tipping a healthy dark beer)

Enjoy your holiday as well and beware the WereTurkeys.:eek:

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
. . . (tipping a healthy dark beer)

Enjoy your holiday as well and beware the WereTurkeys.:eek:

1. I plan to, after my guitar lesson.
2. Do they hang out with the snipes?

Happy T-day to you also, fellow state-mate!:D