PDA

View Full Version : Van Zandt Guitars???

Iago
December 14th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Hi everybody!

My name is Iago and I'm from Recife - Brasil (or Brazil as you wish :) )

I was looking the Ishibashi website when I found this Van Zandt guitars, that look pretty cool...nitro all over, ash or alder bodies etc...

Anybody heard about them? Does it got any relation with the famous Van Zandt pickups brand?
and I also would like to know how much in dollars is 201.600 Y hehehe

Thanks!

edit:
oops here is the link!!
http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/vanzandt/index.htm

Katastrophe
December 14th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hello, Iago!

I don't have any experience with Van Zandt guitars... But I looked up the exchange rate from yen to dollars for you... 201,000 Japanese Yen comes out to $1715.52 USD... Of course, that doesn't factor in shipping, which I imagine would be quite a bit when shipping from Japan to Brazil. I had a little difficulty navigating the site and finding a good English translation for the guitars.

Good luck in your search, and let us know how it turns out!

Iago
December 15th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks Katastrophe!

The translation is really weird, I think they used that computer translators for that... is just impossible to figure out what they're trying to say on those guitars description hehehe.

Next month I'll be in U.S., so better stay with Fenders really...

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Yep, for that amount of money, you could pick up a couple of Made in Mexico Strats, have money for cases and still come out ahead!

You certainly have a number of choices available, depending on the amount of money you want to spend... The fun part is trying out each one to find the one with the features you want!:D

Iago
December 15th, 2005, 01:05 PM
you're right... I'm planning to spend 1.000 USD for a guitar and amp together..
I'll try the classic series strats and teles, and maybe the jimmie vaughan strat and muddy waters tele. I had a fender pro junior in mind, because of price and size, but now I wanna try those "Robert's" Vox heeheh the guy should have his signature model!

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2005, 03:40 PM
For $1,000.00, you should be able to get a good guitar/amp setup. I'm a recovering gear nut as it is, but I'm afraid that if I try out one of those VOX amps I'll have to buy one. Then I'll end up sleeping on the couch, and I don't think my wallet or lower back could handle it! As good as Robert sounds with that amp, he should get an endorsement deal or SOMETHING.

Robert
December 15th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yes, please have them give me my own Signature amp, endorsement, free drinks and naked women. I can't wait for this to happen.

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Signature amp, check...

Endorsement deal, check...

Naked women, check...

But FREE DRINKS?!?!? Now you're just pushing it!:eek: :D :eek: :D

Robert
December 15th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Haha! Okay, okay, I take that back about the drinks!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
December 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Iago , you'll be hard pressed to put together a good rig for 1000.00 us if you are buying new..personally i would never buy new gear , buying used will get you a lot more gear for the money ... i'd recommend checking out the japanese fenders , these guitars are available through several dealers on ebay . Japanese fenders especially the premium ones are simply amazing guitars with consistant build quality , and are far superior to mexican or standard us models , you have to go custom shop to beat their quality and consistencey...500-600 us dollars gets you a good used japanese tele or strat on ebay and that leaves you with 400-500 to spend on an amp, lots of great choices there especially used, but it should get you a good tube amp...like a pro junior.
heres the web site of a dealer who sells on ebay , his reputation is excellent , he has sold over 500 japanese guitars on ebay and has 100% positive feedback, the beauty is that he is located in the us and ships from the us , and he knows his stuff, very helpful and will answer e-mails even if you are just seeking information, check him out http://guitargai.com/html_folder/homepage.html
I have purchased several guitars from him and will do so again , highly recommended ....I hopr this is of some help in considering your options. 6S9L

Iago
December 16th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks 6strings!

I had the japanese Fenders in mind really, that's why I was checking the Ishibashi website, but I got to try a guitar myself, 'cause I don't know exactly what I'm gonna buy (a strat, a tele or even an used Gibson)..so I just wanna walk into a guitar store and try some different models and pick the best one. I won't be able to do that if I'm buying from ebay. And I'll only be in the US for a few days - can't wait for the mail guy or any possible shipment delay. But thanks for the advice..maybe in a year or two I'm buying from this guy, who knows? :)

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Rob,

Your wife wouldn't let you have naked women!! :p

Robert
December 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Rob,

Your wife wouldn't let you have naked women!! :p

Well, if I get such a chance, let's not tell her, okay?

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I'z just teasin' bro. If you can have naked wimmens then we won't tell anyone about them. As long as you share. lmao

Robert
December 16th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Of course I'll send some your way! (of course I know you're teazin...)