PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen?

r_a_smith3530
November 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Here's a quick video of a tour through a Chinese guitar factory. They are making acoustic guitars. I thought it might be of interest. I found it interesting that there was not a lot of computerized machinery around, and that most things were being done by hand.

I'm going to guess that it is quite different from its South Korean or Japanese counterparts.

Chinese guitar factory tour. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6214588219892064945&q=china)

Spudman
November 22nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
So cool to finially see a Martin being made.:D

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2006, 04:55 PM

HA HA! Spud, aren't you going to be a sweet potato for Thanksgiving!? :D

duhvoodooman
November 22nd, 2006, 05:08 PM
HA HA! Spud, aren't you going to be a sweet potato for Thanksgiving!?
I would think that the proper response to that question would be, "Yes, I yam!" :D

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
I would think that the proper response to that question would be, "Yes, I yam!" :D

AAARRRRRGGGH! Walked into that one! :D Ok, I'm going to my guitar lesson and home. Cheers,

Steve

Plank_Spanker
November 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM

The lynch mob is forming on the right. :D

Tinky-Winky
November 25th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I was actually expecting the working conditions to be really bad, but that video seemed to show that everything was actually alright. I also noted that a reasonable amount of care was being put into each guitar, which I hadn't expected.

tot_Ou_tard
November 25th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Really cool vid! Anybody know what brand was being made? Those were classical headstocks.