PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Jiffy Lube?

Spudman
November 23rd, 2006, 09:04 AM
If you use Jiffy Lube then you need to watch this video. I think they are going to be in big trouble.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx

marnold
November 23rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
I'm guessing that this is pretty common. I stopped going to Jiffy Lube because every time I went in there, they tried to do things like replace my PCV valve, even if it was just done. Whenever I get work done, I check as best I can and ask for the old part back. That doesn't guarantee anything, but it keeps people on their toes anyway. I also only go to mechanics I trust.

Tone2TheBone
November 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
That's why I change the oil myself. Any other work that needs to be done to our Toyotas I take them to our dealer. Probably pay a little more but I don't get no BS and I know what I am paying for in advance.

zeusse
November 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Just change your oil every 5000km or 3500miles and you'll be ok I've never used anything but good ol Valvoline and have never had any engine issues

Tone2TheBone
November 25th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Just change your oil every 5000km or 3500miles and you'll be ok I've never used anything but good ol Valvoline and have never had any engine issues

Valvoline is also what I use and agree with your recommedation.

Spudman
November 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Valvoline in all my stuff since 1976. I even use the 20-50 racing oil in my vintage XJ1100 Yamaha and my lawn mower.

I despise paying extra for it when I have my auto's oil changed at a quick lube joint and it isn't the "house brand," but I still do it so that I don't suffer from lower quality. Now Jiffy Lube will never see any of that extra cash from me.

Justaguyin_nc
November 26th, 2006, 02:03 PM
That's why I change the oil myself. Any other work that needs to be done to our Toyotas I take them to our dealer. Probably pay a little more but I don't get no BS and I know what I am paying for in advance.

I have an old 1995 Toyota Celica 4 cyl. ST.. I bought new back than.. I have changed the oil with the cheap stuff every 5000 miles (first few years 3000) and it has yet to fail me.. in fact.. I didn't even change the spark plugs till 100,000 miles.. just hit 190,000 miles.. tis the truth.. this ole car just keeps on going... Only thing happened in all this time.. the solenoid went out from starting it so much..lol.. easy fix with brushes.. used by a few people these days off and on..and still changing oil.. I think its more of the changing of the oil than the oil itself.. how dirty can oil get in 3000 miles? let alone the filter?

Hogfullofblues
November 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I spent 23 years in the auto service industry and this sorta thing pisses me off no end still. How lowlife and brazen! These losers are working on the cars with the bay doors open in full view and not doing the work! They are so confident they are not even trying to hide thier thievery. Which means they do this all the time and get away with it.
So just so all my fretter brothers are aware 'cause it is not as common knowledge as it should be: Many states have a BAR (no, not that kind) Bureau of Automotive Regulation, basically the police for auto repair shops. Except no court, no appeals, just kickin butt and taking names (and fines and licenses). So should you ever have issue with a repair shop, get on the internet or check with whatever entity issues drivers licenses and plates in your state and if you have a BAR-lodge a complaint. These folks are brutal and the first requirement they make of a shop is the return, in full, of all monies you paid them.
This video was from CA and they have a BAR. I sure hope someone was watching when it aired.