PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Resonator

Brian Johnston
July 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I recently acquired a new device, the Guitar Resonator (GR-1 by vibesware.com). I recommend you visit the site to see the device in action and how it sounds within a rock music context. I plan on doing rock-based songs with the GR-1, but the song below uses nothing more than a fairly clean amp (only a touch of gain), the GR-1 and my vibrato arm on an Ibanez JS2400. Once you crank the gain/distortion on your amp/pedals, you get some wild feedback harmonics that you can integrate with regular playing and your usual equipment. It adds a really nice touch and finish to soloing work. I will have a review up on this product in the near future.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/logicbdj/music/all/play1021078

hubberjub
July 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
That's pretty cool. My E-Bow has a switch so I can get either sustain or the harmonic. Can this do just regular sustain as well?

Brian Johnston
July 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Check out the website... it gives crazy sustain and feedback (controlled by a foot switch) and you use it in your regular playing (no need to hold anything). I have an ebow, but never use it. Played around with it long enough to write one composition, but that's where it ended. I got the GR-1 because I wanted to add feedback during my soloing, but it gives very nice harmonic sustain as well when feedback is not desired.

hubberjub
July 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I checked out a bunch of the videos. It's cool. I like the idea of not having to hold the Ebow. I play mostly pedal steel and thought it would be cool because it can play more than one string at a time. The $400 price tag is way too high though. I'd probably be a player in the $250-300 range.

Brian Johnston
July 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
You guys are missing something. Check out the Jr. version... gives the same effects, but for $138 Euro there is no foot switch... to switch between regular sustain and the feedback sustain, you simply turn a little knob (which is around waist level and within reach when playing).

hubberjub
July 12th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Interesting. I just sent an email to a supplier that ships to the US about the Junior. We'll see what they say.